4 months ago
Lost Boys Interactive is Hiring! If you are looking for a fully remote home to bring your Game Design and leadership skills and experience, look no further. Bring your passion for creating awesome games, and we'll provide an amazing team for you to work with along with a great environment and exciting AAA projects to work on! We also offer a full suite of benefits!
Lost Boys Interactive is a member of the Gearbox Software and Embracer Group family. We are a rapidly growing AAA game studio based in Madison Wisconsin, with full remote work available from any state in the US. We provide top-tier development for our partners as well as working on our own AAA game projects . We have world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure, but our company’s success comes from the talented and passionate people who work together each day to produce great games together.
Supportive, Collaborative, Safe, Accepting, Respectful, Kind, and Fun are a few words that our employees use to describe their experience at Lost Boys Interactive. Do these words describe the kind of studio you would like to call home? Apply today to start your Lost Boys adventure!
Please note: You must reside in the US and have prior AAA experience to qualify for this role. We are sorry, but Lost Boys Interactive is not able to sponsor visas at this time.
Job Overview: We are looking for a Design Director that will create the vision and own the experience quality for a full game project. They will also work with the other directors to plan, detail, and review the work being developed for the game. The Design Director will work with the Associate Design Director and/or Seniors to manage the design team and mentor them to better craft and quality. The DD will be responsible for helping scope and determining design team composition.
The Design Director will need good communication skills and a great understanding of engines, good design process and how to convey vision and intent clearly to rally the team and stakeholders around decisions and changes. The DD will need to know how to negotiate features and solve challenging problems based productively and positively in ways that get us to action and solutions that result in the best experience achievable.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Work with other discipline leads to ensure the features being developed will bring the vision to life.
- Understand genre needs and ensure that the elements developed by the team will contribute to player satisfaction and enjoyment
- Assess the workload against. production capacity, help plan the work, and set priorities for the game design team and influence plans for the team
- Assign tasks for the design team and evaluate quality of the deliverable and give feedback for improvement
- Able to drive and follow-up on prototyping (both digital and paper based) with all disciplines
- Communicate the project objectives, sprint objectives, strategies, and general information to all team members so as to give visibility to the advancement of the development of the game and the other crafts
- Actively participate and act as a regular liaison in the decision-making process with management and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the game design team meets expectations
- Supervise and be responsible for providing clear and structured project documents to ensure that gameplay intentions are understood and that team members are working on the right elements (ingredients, game system, gaming modes, behavior specifications, etc.)
- Participate in the hiring and mentoring of team members
- Help manage any conflicts that arise within the team
- Drive a positive and productive culture in the design department and the project team
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 5+ years in the industry leading teams
- Must have shipped a minimum of 3 titles as a designer and at least 2 titles as a lead designer or higher
- Proven examples of solid game design work
- Curiosity and drive to understand how things work
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adaptability, autonomy, proactivity
- Structure, attention to detail, efficiency
- Ability to clearly express ideas (spoken and written)
- Ability to understand and communicate in technical language
- User focus
- Programming/scripting experience
- Management experience
- Strategic thinker
- UE4 and Unity experience is a +
Lost Boys Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.