15 days ago
Capital Games is a world-class mobile game studio, best known for creating the most successful Star Wars game of all time, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, and the upcoming Lord of the Rings: Heroes of Middle-earth. We are game makers first, telling stories through some of the most beloved IP brands in the world and igniting players' imagination and competitive spirit. We believe in driving to be the industry leader in mobile RPG and encouraging a team atmosphere of learning, collaboration and creativity. Most importantly, we never forget that making games and entertaining our players is fun.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
Capital Games is looking for a passionate, and experienced Game Design Director leading game design teams and developing successful games with amazing player experiences. You have experience with mobile game and live operations design and excel at empowering teams. You are curious, creative, collaborative, and can use telemetry to validate your design thinking. Additionally, you are a mentor and advocate of the Design team.
This is a unique opportunity to join the studio behind The Lord of the Rings: Heroes of Middle-earth and Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes and champion authentic features and content that delight players on a massive scale.
- Champion design leadership and help achieve the project's creative vision
- Collaborate with the Design and leadership teams to create strategies and feature/content plans that use live operations telemetry to validate decisions and improvements
- Advocate data and our needs as a part of game design culture, and partner with Product Management to set goals, define success, and make informed decisions
- Use your deep design and leadership experience to mentor the Design team, define career goals, review project work and develop a healthy team culture
- Meet with the team and IP brand holders to ensure the delivery of authentic and appealing features and content
- Where needed, contribute directly to the design of content, systems and features.
- Partner with the Product team to shape an ever-evolving game economy.
- Ensure the Design team develops concise and valuable game design specifications and present those ideas to the development team and management
- Ensure execution of design deliverables on Live content and feature from early roadmap planning, to defining goals through development and final polish
- Improve team efficiency by developing team skills, improving operations, and leading by example
- You will report to the Game Director
- At least 5 years of experience as a Lead Game Designer, Design Manager or Design Director on mobile or MMORPG projects with success in live operations
- Excellent in pitch and presenting
- Provide both focused (low level) and inspiring (high level) creative leadership
- Eager to play and make games, and discuss what makes them "fun"
- Experience balancing complex game systems
- Knowledge of social games and the mechanics that work well within them
- Experience with collectible character / turn-based role-playing games (or similar design models)
- Economy Design experience a major plus
Recently, we've also developed a work-from-home process and are sensitive to the safety and well-being of our team. This opens up new opportunities for employees to work remotely.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.