Design Director - New IP
20 days ago
Greetings from Phoenix Labs!
Whether you’re hunting behemoths with your friends in Dauntless or rekindling the magical energy of Azoria in Fae Farm, our worlds empower players to share enduring stories like never before. Around here, we believe people are the ends, not the means. It’s how we strive to be a destination for developers who wish to collaborate on making timeless games enjoyed by players all over the world.
As the Design Director, your primary role will be to shape, articulate, and drive the game design vision for our new IP. With your rich understanding of gaming and ability to inspire teams, you will provide thought-provoking solutions that elevate the player experience. Collaboration with other discipline leaders will be key in aligning designers' efforts with product strategy, ensuring consistent, high-quality results.
- Uphold and communicate the game design vision, collaborating with other leaders to define and implement that vision
- Guide the design discipline of the game team, establishing direction and overseeing execution
- Foster unity and engagement within multi-discipline groups across the design team
- Attract and retain great talent, while creating an environment where they can thrive
- Elevate the design craft within the team through mentorship and growth initiatives, ensuring quality and consistency
- Contribute at an organizational level, collaborating with other design directors to create a healthy and problem-solving environment that elevates the strengths of the company
- Previous experience as a Design Director or vision holder for products from pre-production through release
- Demonstrated leadership of design teams on multiple titles or substantial multi-feature updates for live games
- A track record of success with iterative development in building and shipping large-scale design features
- Experience in constructing and managing a team of designers, articulating a clear strategy and quality bar that results in a polished, cohesive player experience
- Shipped or worked on at least one AAA+ online game as a design lead or director
- Enthusiasm for video games, with an insatiable thirst for learning
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Who We Are
We make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives. Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a desire to innovate and create new kinds of core, lifestyle, multiplayer games. Phoenix Labs has teams located in Vancouver (BC), Montreal, and San Mateo. We offer relocation + visa sponsorship as needed.