Design Director [New Game IP]
9 days ago
Do you stay up late into the night tweaking your character builds? Do you find yourself applauding board games over a novel mechanic? This is your chance to define the gameplay systems of the decade!
We are looking for a Senior Lead Gameplay Systems Designer within Action gameplay to lead our game design team for an ambitious new game IP here in Stockholm Sweden.
As a Design Director, you’ll understand the fundamentals of system design and be able to set vision for and deliver on core progression gameplay loops. You’ll adjust and balance design and game mechanics to bring imaginary concepts into play. During our production phase, you’ll alternate between a resolution of high detail and high level. You’ll drive the full development cycle of your area and identify how all elements work together and refine them to uncover game experiences that are as immersive as they are fluid for our players.
We strive to give passionate and creative teams the freedom and trust they need to succeed in this creative and fast-moving environment. We encourage people to make conscious choices and decisions, poke holes in existing plans, and express what they need to be able to honor their commitments.
In this role, you’ll join a team of Design Directors and will report directly to the Game Director who oversees holistic design strategy. Collaborating within your craft, but also cross-functionally, you will direct and generate briefs for a team of complementary skills and abilities to deliver design ready to be experienced.
In this role you will...
- Design functionality according to our design direction and creative vision, e.g. game modes, session to session interactions, player role dynamics, skill/talent progression systems, character customization, and any other core game systems
- Lead a multidisciplinary team through the full development cycle
- Collaborate with transversal teams to integrate required features
- Develop and iterate on prototypes and evaluate performance
- Account for technical and production constraints
- Identify and manage risk & uncertainty associated with action gameplay
- Create and maintain design documentation to guide collaborating teams
- Ensure the follow-up after launch in order to improve, add or sunset features
- In collaboration with other mechanics supervisors, drives core action gameplay of the game universe through mid-term and long-term progression
We would love if you...
- Have significant experience as a game designer on mechanics for action gameplay (skills, progression, game modes, etc.) on AAA action games
- Are a natural leader who understands many aspects of game development and able to unite a multidisciplinary team behind a creative vision
- Know how to visualize behaviors and game situations on paper and best practices for prototyping iteratively
- Are curious while analytical, alert to new developments and trends and know how to best propose changes by adhering to consumer expectations
- Have good understanding of how to communicate effectively and know when to question yourself
- Are used to working in an international environment and to express yourself fluently in English.
Apply now to make it yours!
Read more about us at: http://stockholm.ubisoft.com/
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.
Read more about us at: https://stockholm.ubisoft.com/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.