Design Data Collection - Contractor
15 days ago
The Data Collector will play a key role in how we identify insights and collect & evaluate human subject data to drive product and industrial design. In this role, you will participate in all aspects of research and evaluation, including but not limited to setting up research spaces and data collection equipment, collecting, editing, processing and organizing research data in support of a specific research study or group of studies. You will arrange and conduct data collections as appropriate to the study and record research data according to defined protocols.
Experience and Required Skills
- Execute data collection protocols with human subjects.
- Participate in all aspects of research and evaluation activities. Clean and prepare collected data and perform follow-up activities.
- Assist in the design and testing of questionnaires, data input sheets, and other data collection mechanisms.
- Supervise and participate in the organizing of data in preparation for analysis.
- Coordinate the collection and organization of materials and data to be used in research reports, publications, and program descriptions; assist in data analyses and preparation of charts, graphs, and reports obtained from research data.
- Conduct in-person and virtual interviews with participants.
- Perform other related duties in support of Design Research teams.
- Set up Magic Leap production of foundational research mock-up devices for tests, including flashing software builds onto the device compute pack, loading test software onto device, running signal processing software such as Labview.
- Set up research hardware and collect human subject data such as physiology (i.e. EMG), biomechanics (such as motion capture systems, pressure maps) or Anthropometry (3D data collection systems) data.
- Must be self-motivated, reliable, organized and detail-oriented
- Have strong reading and verbal skills and have basic experience with computer and Internet technology.
- Must be capable of establishing and maintaining a good rapport with study respondents.
- Have the ability to keep detailed records of all work activities and administrative tasks.
- Team and people oriented - Must be able to collaborate in a fast paced environment
- Experience collecting user research or human subject data a bonus
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution a bonus
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.