This job might no longer be available.
Deployment Project Manager
19 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Deployment Project Manager to join our Monopoly GO! team in our Culver City studio, or remotely within the US!
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Monopoly GO! is our new casual game and a key franchise that has just become one of Scopely’s largest games with more than 5M DAUs. The team is based in Europe and the US, and works every day to create captivating new experiences for our players.
What You’ll Do
- Develop QA Resource Plans, including Alpha / Beta / Final build criteria signoff, Capacity Planning, Certification, and Risk Management
- Create documentation to track projects against, including Project GDD, QA GDF items, SDK testing tutorials, device coverage matrices, and new feature spec breakdowns
- Set up and own projects in the JIRA bug database, including participating in Sprint Planning, setting up dashboards, communicating issues to partners, and sending regular status reports to both project and executive team members
- Setup projects and approve testing plans and new test cases in Test Rail (test management system)
- Be responsible for GDF gate sign-offs on behalf of QA and own the Release Criteria process for the entire team
- Manage test accounts across HockeyApp, Facebook, Google Play, and Testflight Beta as well as others
- Support and train the external development QA testing teams and their output to interact seamlessly with the other functional QA vendors
- Run project retrospectives and inform team members on new action items
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining all build and build distributions for your projects to the appropriate audience at the appropriate time based on project needs including core team, functionality QA, localization, localization QA, licensors and to all internal Scopely stakeholders for review
- Plan, lead, and own the localization and localization QA planning and execution
- Project set-up and execution in localization tool including teams, structure, languages, build generators and project structures based on project needs
- Partner with localization partner on translation plan and execution incl. ensuring all required materials are available such as glossaries, GDD, reference build, content context, string comments/instructions/limits where applicable and more. Ensure all translator queries are addressed. Ensure dev is receiving the translations in a correct and timely format
- Own the Live Events testing process and execution for your projects. Partner with PM, Producer, Dev to manage this including the planning and execution of Localization, Localization QA and Functionality tied to Live Events
- Manage your projects listing in iTunes Connect, the Google Play Developer Console and other submission tools including the input of IAPs, Leaderboards, Achievements, and the submission/release of each new version specific information for your project to ensure that
- Production, Marketing, Deployment, and Account teams are aligned on the specifications of each version release and receive updates on 1st party review status
What We’re Looking For
- Passion for mobile games and experience working on games as a live service
- Ideally 4 years of managerial experience in a functionality QA PM or Manager function that encompasses iOS and Android projects
- QA experience: working in an internal or distributed QA environment and manage remote teams
- Proven ability to manage a test team both internally and remotely
- Strong and demonstrated knowledge of project management, software development methodologies
- Previous experience of building test plans, capacity plans to support those test plans and execute against them
- Proactively identify risks, changes needed and execute solutions, with appropriate sense of urgency
- Proficient with setting up and navigating through JIRA, Google Docs, Google Sheets/Excel, and a build distribution management system (HockeyApp preferred)
- Familiarity with the Google Play Developer Console, iTunes Connect, Amazon Developer Console, and other 1st party submission tools
- Exceptional attention to detail
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
For candidates in CA, CO, NJ, NY and WA, the annual salary range is $78,900 - $130,200 plus equity, bonus and benefits including healthcare benefits, retirement benefits, pet insurance, paid holidays, paid Scopely free days, and unlimited paid time-off. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.