Demand Planner Analyst
San Mateo, CA, United States
9 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Demand Planner Analyst
San Mateo, CA
The Demand Planner Analyst plays a key role in supporting the creation and maintenance of demand forecasts for the SIE Latin America Region. This person will collaborate closely with regional offices throughout the sell-thru and sell-out forecast process in IBP (SAP) and drive alignment with cross-functional partners such as Opportunity Markets Hub, Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operations to achieve forecasting and reporting accuracy. This role supports the Sr. Manager Demand Planner in the execution and delivery of the field forecast and ad-hoc reporting.
- Serve as primary point of contact between SIE & local planning teams
- Maintain and update IBP with weekly sales actuals and forecast
- Roll up field sales forecast for sell-in, sell-out and sell-thru within IBP in collaboration with LATAM regional office demand planners (11 countries) and SIE Sales, Marketing and Operations groups
- Maintain and lead the weekly/monthly/annual field plans in IBP to support a data driven business model
- Make recommendations to adjust country forecast and inventory levels based on demand and market trend analysis
- Analyze and report actuals Vs. forecasted sell-in changes by region
- Own the tracking process of weekly and monthly KPIs (sell-in)
- Support Planning, Sales, Marketing departments and OM-Hub to deliver ad-hoc requests such as a new release game volume, sell thru, SIT or country performance for certain products
- Improve data quality by ongoing validation of sell-out and sell thru by partnering with local and regional teams
- Support team in quarterly forecast and budget
- Must be fully bilingual in English and Spanish (100% written &verbal)
- At least 2 years experience in forecasting and planning
- Bachelor degree required with a concentration in Finance, Marketing, Operations, Business or other related field
- Extensive experience in spreadsheet and data analysis
- Proactive self-starter who is able to work with minimal direction
- Solid understanding in Excel, Word and Power Point
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency for analysis, modeling and creative thinking
- Position requires travel throughout the Latin America region. Up to 10% travel may be required.
- Portuguese language skills
- Knowledge in Supply Chain ERP and IBP (SAP)
- Experience in the videogame or electronics industry
- Experience in Latin America Business
- Familiarity with Latin America specific logistics, operations, and tax structures is a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.