Database Reliability Engineer
Bellevue, WA United States of America
3 days ago
Epic Games is expanding our DBA team to support our large-scale data footprint that supports our games and online platform. The person in this role will own our database systems across Epic and work closely with our internal development teams. Our online team builds services that help power all of our online games such as matchmaking, profile storage, dedicated game servers and more. This role will help this team with items around operational excellence such as observability and performance at scale.
- Becoming the subject matter expert on Mongo at Epic Games
- Understanding the performance and scaling of Mongo databases across multiple microservices
- Designing and building operational infrastructure to support our databases, automating where possible
- Providing troubleshooting and timely resolution of database issues
- Participating in 24x7 on-call incident escalation rotations
- Providing advice to development teams on data patterns and usage
- Proven experience with MongoDB
- Proven experience with Linux, and cloud computing technologies such as AWS, or other cloud computing environment
- History working directly with development teams or leading DBA teams
- Experience with other database technologies such as Postgres, MySQL
- Working at scale
- Passion for gaming
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!