11 days ago
Wargaming is looking for a Database Administrator that can administrate and optimize a series of development and production Hadoop clusters, Cloud environments, and Oracle databases. The administrator will monitor these environments for errors, create new roles and accounts, set up security policies, assist in debugging and optimizing jobs, set up and maintain resource pools, and ensure the overall health of all clusters and databases.
The administrator should also be well versed in Linux systems administrator, in particular Centos, and Oracle OS.
What will you do?
- Be part of a 24/7 rotation for Hadoop/Cloudera, Oracle, and Snowflake emergencies
- Collaborate with Hadoop and Systems administrators globally
- Recommend hardware specifications for new nodes and clusters
- Participate in performance tuning, capacity planning, and data security
- Administrate HDFS, YARN, Impala, Hive, and Spark
- Administrate Kafka, and other message bus systems
- Administrate Kerberos and Hadoop for users, and process authentication using both LDAP and local principals
- Establish alert thresholds and monitoring systems
- Lead the effort in role-based data access on an HDFS and Sentry level
- Manage and review Hadoop, Oracle, and AWS log files on an ongoing basis
- Write puppet manifests
What are we looking for?
- BS in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or Physics
- 2 years of experience in Hadoop/Cloudera Administration
- 2 years of experience in Oracle database administration
- Proficient in Linux systems administration, including debugging on the system level
- Experience in Cloud (AWS, Azure) administration
- Proficient in HDFS, YARN, Hive, Impala, Spark, and other Big Data technologies, such as Stream set data collectors
- Understanding of Scheduler Control-M, Jenkins, and Tidal
- Experience with Kafka and/or other messaging systems (RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ)
- Intermediate or higher level of English
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Proficient in Oracle administration
- Understanding of JVM and how it interacts with the OS, and how to optimize/troubleshoot errors/inefficiencies
- Ability to analyze job logs/system statistics, and recommend optimizations to end users
- Understanding of Kerberos and how it interacts with Hadoop and LDAP (Active Directory)
- Manage backup and disaster recovery plans
- Passionate about systems, and Hadoop/Big Data/Snowflake
- Recommend new technologies and processes
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- Tableau Server Administration is a plus
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread worldwide. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.