5 days ago
The Live Games team helps Ubisoft’s internal customers creating not only a platform to host the games but also accompanying a game during its entire life: before its launch (architecture design, technology R&D, tool recommendation, etc.) and after its launch (operations, reporting and metrics, 24/7 monitoring and administration and incidents/request management).
As a Database Administrator at Ubisoft within this team, you will work alongside developers and DevOps Administrators to bring forward a deeply specialized knowledge of various database technologies to ensure that they are properly deployed, stable, sized and monitored with a minimum level of manual operation.
Your role will be to work with colleagues and production teams on our many challenges, issues or features by proposing and executing efficient strategies to tackle challenges related to databases.
What you'll do
- Coach teams with recommendations on their databases to ensure they create stable, scalable and secure solutions on premises or in the cloud that make it easy for developers to use our infrastructure;
- Assess the database setup of the projects in your region to push out recommendations on performance optimization, backup, resiliency, monitoring, etc.;
- Participate in the operations, such as requests, incidents, events, and change management, while working on efforts to permanently fix or automate recurring use cases;
- Relay with internal teams, partners and services we use to fix any outstanding issues as well as bring visibility to the developers of new improvements or solutions.
What you’ll bring
- Excellent hands-on experience with non-relational databases such as NoSQL, Redis and more specifically MongoDB;
- Knowledge of cloud technologies – AWS RDS, Aurora, DocumentDB as well as GCP CloudSQL, Firestore;
- Good knowledge of MySQL or PostgreSQL is a bonus;
- Demonstrated experience in a DevOps environment, preferably working with an Agile methodology;
- Written and oral command of French and English.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.