6 days ago
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The commerce and identity team is part of EADP (EA digital platform) which is tasked to develop one of the largest eCommerce and Identity platforms to power hundreds of cross-platform games played by hundreds of millions of players. The distributed online platform is responsible for providing foundation services to games including identity management, authentication, authorization, account security, subscription, billing, payment, virtual currency, provisioning, entitlement, risk and fraud at 24x7 with 99.99% reliability. Open-source cutting-edge technologies are widely used such as docker, MySQL, MemCached, Redis, Kafka, ActiveMQ, Spark and etc. This is a unique opportunity to work on online space for a great game company. Looking forward to joining us to be a full-stack engineer.
What a DBA does at EA C&I team
The successful candidate for this position will serve as a Database Administrator and Storage Architect in the Commerce and Identity team. The candidate will be responsible for design, architect, implement and maintain highly performing, highly scalable, highly available and security data storage for identity and commerce services, including but not limited to MySQL/AWS Aurora/Cassandra/Redis/AWS ElasticCache etc. Also, the candidate will be involved in the whole life cycle of these technologies including planning, development, maintenance and troubleshooting of live-site issues.
- Architect DB storage to be highly scalable and available
- Working with engineering leaders to set up process to safeguard integrity, performance and availability of the storage service
- Design DB level solutions based on the requirements from feature teams
- Setup/Monitor and maintain the 24*7 running of all DB instances.
- Seamless patching and version upgrade of all DB instances.
- Capacity planning for game launch seasons and big title launches.
- Proactive tune parameters for all supporting DB instances to ensure max performance achieved
- Write technical documents to ensure knowledge is well preserved
- Control access permissions and privilege. Ensure all accesses are permitted and well logged for auditing purposes
- Support team members to execute pre-permitted ad hoc DB queries for analysis purposes
- Review DB schema changes from team members and provide professional feedback
- Proactively analysis and troubleshoot any DB related live-site issues
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering
- Strong understanding of MySQL and related techniques
- English communication skill is a plus
- Familiar with one of the script languages like bash/python/perl/…
- Familiar with Linux
- Understanding of other storage layer techniques like Oracle/AWS Aurora/Cassandra/Redis is a plus
- Familiar with C/C++/Java is a plus
- Familiar with AWS cloud technologies is a plus
- Passionate to be a DBA and eager to learn and improve
- Ability to quickly learn complex systems and new technologies
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.