Data pipeline developer (Java)
8 days ago
The Ubisoft Data Office team is responsible for the development of Ubisoft's data platform. The Data Platform Group (DPG) develops and manages a variety of data services and tools for storing and analyzing game telemetry. Recognized as a trusted source and reference across the company, these internal products provide real-time visibility into how Ubisoft titles are played and an understanding of the habits and preferences of its players.
As a Data Pipeline Developer, you will work in a complex technological environment.
In an Agile/Scrum environment, you will be responsible for multiple aspects of the data processing pipeline. This data is used by analysts to build KPIs, by game designers to adjust games or by senior management for decision making. You will develop and maintain a scalable data pipeline to provide the production teams with relevant analysis tools.
- Design and develop data pipelines for large volume processing;
- Discuss work in progress, ideas and obstacles, plan and prioritize and overcome problems with your team;
- Analyze technical requirements and constraints;
- Make architecture recommendations;
- Accompany and advise developers in their daily activities and strategies;
- Ensure code quality and compliance with programming standards;
- Ensure a balance and continuity of knowledge within the team;
- Act as a representative of the team in the various communities of practice and ensure knowledge sharing;
- Keep a constant watch on technological developments;
- Participate in the development of functionalities and customer support.
- Proven experience with big data technologies, such as Kafka, S3, Spark, Hadoop, MongoDB, and Hive;
- Strong experience with modern infrastructure, cloud tools and technology (e.g., AWS, EMR, Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform);
- Demonstrated experience in backend development in Java, Python;
- Experience with REST API creation and development;
- Experience with GitLab and its CI/CD tool.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.