Data Wrangler (Capture)
12 days ago
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams consist of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Capture team is made up of industry experts responsible for motion and performance capture, 3D body and facial scanning, data processing and virtual cinematography tools. EA Create Capture is looking for a Data Wrangler, in its Burnaby facility.
As a Data Wrangler, you will
- Report to the Capture Operations Manager.
- Perform extremely detailed pre-shoot technical set ups, shoot tasks and post-shoot pipeline steps across body motion capture, performance capture, head and body scanning, virtual cinematography as well as research and development services.
- Be the 'Subject Matter Expert' for all tasks relating to the pre-shoot set-up of recording sessions and movement of data from recording session into post-production.
- Be first point of contact for any pipeline failures and accountable for initiating the appropriate mitigation plan to unblock the pipeline or escalate to the appropriate team member.
- Communicate and validate information (e.g. shot lists, talent lists, prop lists etc.) being ingested it to databases resulting in quality data.
- Perform pipeline steps post-shoot: ingest data to appropriate pipeline, troubleshoot any pipeline blockages and escalate risk, if necessary.
- Provide support to game development teams in post-production: preparing and distributing order tools / sheets, partner relationship support, distributing game team data orders to relevant team members.
- Create and maintain documentation of workflow and pipeline.
- Contribute to the onboarding new team members.
- Provide on-set support to the Acquisition team.
- Partner with the Producer, and colleagues on the Acquisition team and the Post-Production team, you will be at the heart of our projects and are involved at every step of our work.
As a candidate, you should:
- Have high technical aptitude, be willing to learn and improve pipeline processes and tasks that ensure our workflows run optimally
- Use proprietary custom-built software, as well as Maya, Adobe Bridge CC, Reality Capture, Microsoft Office, Google Sheets, and Shotgrid to perform their tasks
- Understand custom toolset purposes and their affect within the pipeline
- Understand technical dependencies of 3D scanning, motion capture, performance capture and virtual cinematography
- Maintain the communication that connects the pre-production, production and post-production departments - troubleshoot automated pipeline errors
- Manage custom workflows and propose changes for optimization and efficiency - Coordinate schedules to ensure data passes through each pipeline phase - are familiar, and keep up-to-date, with industry standard file formats
- Demonstrate consistency with handling data that depends on extreme technical accuracy and consistency
- Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Know when, why and how to escalate risk
- Are excellent with time management and communication
- Work well in a team
- Are extremely organized and methodical
Strong candidates possess:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- In/Out Coordination
- Data Wrangler positions found in VFX, film & TV
- Digital Imaging Technicians positions found on set in film & TV
- Post-production coordination
- 1+ years experience using Shotgrid to manage assets and workflow