Data Visualization Specialist
14 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
We're looking for a data storyteller to join our Monetization Data Engineering team, which is focused on making trusted, reusable data assets for data consumers in Ads, Commerce, and throughout Twitch to use. An expert in data visualization, your responsibilities will include creating evergreen dashboards for a wide range of users to easily understand how we're performing against goals; organizing our data to maximize clarity for our business and product stakeholders; and setting standards for data visualization across Monetization.
You will shape the way that performance is measured and establish how we present our data to both technical and non-technical users, leading the way for high-quality, high-velocity decisions.
- Delight data consumers throughout Twitch by ensuring they have the data they need to inform decisions, where and when they need it
- Own organization-level data visualization strategy for a trusted, governed, dimensionally-modeled repository of data that enables Twitch staff to quickly and reliably answer their questions
- Prioritize projects from a diverse set of stakeholders to maximize impact
- Improve data discovery: develop the right lens for users to find the data they need
- Provide guidance to other dashboard creators across Monetization, including data scientists, strategy managers, and finance analysts
- 4+ years of experience in data visualization, BI engineering, data analysis, or other related roles
- 3+ years of experience with Tableau or equivalent
- Strong business acumen
- 2+ years using relational database concepts with a working knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with big data visualization tools: we use Druid+Imply
- A passion for games and the gaming industry
- Experience with all-in-one BI tools: Looker, Mode Analytics, Periscope Data
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7292
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.