This job might no longer be available.
Data Specialist - Big Data Platform
4 days ago
Ubisoft is seeking a Data Specialist to join the Big Data platform team which is responsible for development and operations of the storage and analytics services supporting Ubisoft Data Office group initiatives company wide.
As a Data Specialist, you will participate in the design, development, and implementation of new and/or existing application and tools part of our ecosystem supporting all data processing and analytics activities within Ubisoft.
- Design, code and test technical solutions while seeking optimal performance and structuring that answer best internal clients’ needs;
- Seek opportunities proactively to broaden knowledge base and proficiencies regarding processes and technologies;
- Share acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels;
- Propose ideas of improvement of the applications, procedures and technologies used;
- Ensure reporting to the manager all while communicating and escalating stakes;
- Maintain excellent knowledge on the domain activity.
- Experience in Java, Scala, Python or Go
- Experience with code in Big Data and/or Distributed systems and applications – Hive, Spark, Presto, Hbase, Cassandra, Kafka, Nifi, HDFS, Ceph, Ozone etc.
- Experience with the public and private cloud solution such as AWS, GCP, Azure, OpenStack;
- Strong analytical, system thinking and problem-solving skills
- Capacity to work autonomously and be self-motivated, all while receiving and giving constructive feedback;
- Bilingual in English and French both verbally and written are required.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.