This job might no longer be available.
Data Scientist (user research lab)
Montreal QC ca
1 month ago
Ubisoft Montreal is looking for you, Data Scientists.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
On being a data scientist at Ubi Montreal
The Data Scientist must develop and execute statistical and mathematical solutions to resolve corporate and / or project challenges. The incumbent provides solutions that make processes and systems smarter by designing predictive models and must create relevant analytical methods to evaluate results in a scientific manner.
The daily life of a data scientist at Ubi Montreal
- Identify issues and determine approaches and quantitative methods to develop solutions;
- Conduct research to identify new ways to model and predict player behaviors and design tests that answer targeted questions;
- Develop tools to solve complex problems (for example, optimizing game performance, monetization and product adoption);
- Demonstrate analytical rigor and use statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data and develop workable analyzes that apply advanced statistical techniques, such as predictive models, player / user profiles, segmentation analysis, design and survey analysis and data mining;
- Design and manage proof of concept for forecast / prescription and AI projects;
- Document and define projects including data collection and processing, advanced approaches, final algorithm, detailed results and analytical criteria;
- Develop material that serves to explain project findings and solve complex problems in an ingenious and effective way;
- Collaborate with colleagues and managers internally and externally to share relevant complex information;
- Work on short and medium term tasks that often require independence of judgment beyond the procedures in place;
- Contribute to the identification of approaches and the development of new or improved technical tools;
- Coach less experienced colleagues;
- Perform other related duties
What it takes to make it
- Master's degree and / or doctorate in mathematics, statistics, machine learning or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 3 years of complex experience and in-depth expertise related to the position;
- Ability to use and develop proven machine learning algorithms and related methods;
- Ability to use advanced data science techniques ;
- Ability to use statistics to understand the behavior of systems and individuals;
- Ability to configure, use and develop data management systems;
- Knowledge of big data technologies (Hadoop, Casandra, MongoDB, ElasticSearch);
- Software Engineering Skills;
- Knowledge of distributed computing to ensure model learning;
- Being passionate about using the science of data in problem solving;
- Ability to assess problems quickly, both qualitatively and quantitatively;
- Team spirit and excellent organizational, relational and communication skills;
- Bilingualism (French-English)
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.