18 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Diego or San Mateo, CA
As a data scientist in the Data Strategy and Operations (DSO) team you will be responsible for driving value from data through techniques such as customer segmentation, predictive modelling, forecasting and other algorithms. You will use your knowledge of a variety of statistical, data mining, and machine learning techniques to determine the right model to build, extract appropriate features for each model, and develop, build, test, deploy, and maintain models that are both valid and useful to the business. Our work delivers an in depth understanding of consumer behaviors and supports multi-channel targeting and personalization.
You will work in a globally distributed agile team, supporting customers throughout the business in areas such as marketing, operations, CRM, product planning and development, R&D, and retail.
Primarily based in San Mateo or San Diego, but a global role supporting colleagues in offices in the US, Europe and Japan. Some domestic and global travel may be required, usually to Sony offices in London or Tokyo.
Apply statistical and Machine Learning techniques to translate business needs into reliable, valid models. Be involved in a wide range of analytical project activities: from requirements capturing through data modelling and processing; carrying out segmentation; performing deep insight; presenting findings to internal customers; building reusable data products through close collaboration with the relevant data engineering teams; and maintaining and improving models in production.
- Outstanding analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Deep theoretical and applied understanding of statistics, data mining, and/or machine learning techniques
- Strong data management and coding skills, with ability to write production-level quality code in both SQL and Python, including deep understanding of common Data Science libraries such as scikit-learn
- An academic background that includes the fundamentals of Data Science is preferred.
- PhD + 1 year, Masters’ degree + 3 years or Bachelor + 5 years in a relevant technical or mathematical field or equivalent experience
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; including the ability to present detailed analyses to a broad audience range
- Collaborative problem-solving mentality and willingness to trade expertise with peers
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Data Science tooling on major cloud computing platforms
- Experience of working within an agile team
- Experience of relevant industries (e.g., gaming, digital commerce, subscription services)
- Love of gaming
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.