Bellevue, WA, United States
14 days ago
WHO WE ARE
NCSOFT is a premiere digital entertainment company and global publisher with worldwide locations and more than 4,000 employees focused on bringing extraordinary games to life for millions of fans around the world. Established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, we quickly became a key leader in online games. Best known for critically acclaimed franchises including Lineage, Aion, Guild Wars, and Blade & Soul, NCSOFT is also one of the world’s top mobile developers with Lineage 2M occupying the #1 grossing revenue slot on Google Play. Our core goal is making people in this world happier by delivering games that entertain a globally connected audience has remained the same.
We are looking for a talented data scientist to uncover hidden insights and predict what will delight our players. You feel comfortable working with all types of data, both big and small. This role will help the game team create novel models to understand player behavior, predict what will happen next, refine our A/B testing practices and visualize what is going on in game. Expect to learn a lot and to teach us new skills as well!
WHY JOIN THE ANALYTICS TEAM?
- You have a burning curiosity. Being a successful data analyst or data scientist is all about having a question and going digging for the answer. A good analyst has an innate need to explore and understand the world around them.
- You’re fascinated by all the different ways people play games. Millions of people play our games in all sorts of different ways, and they all need to be able to have fun. Our job is understanding all those different playstyles so we can make the game work for everyone.
- You want to be our players’ champion. Once we understand what’s going on in the data, the next step is using that knowledge to make the game better for our players. We want analysts who can be passionate advocates for the data and the player experience it represents.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create standardized models to explain player behavior that can scale across games
- Define experiments to test your hypotheses
- Build models that predict future player behavior and game success and work with game teams to validate the models
- Assist designers and product managers by using data to evaluate design hypotheses
- Use data to optimize pricing and game economy strategies
- Build tools to leverage data and enable the studio to make more data-driven decisions
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field including mathematics, statistics, economics, physics, etc.
- 3-5 years of experience as a data scientist or similar
- Strong SQL programming skills
- Proficient scripting with at least one data processing/statistical language (eg. R, Python, MATLAB)
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and concepts (eg. regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong product-focused problem-solving ability
- Graduate degree or above
- Previous game industry experience
- Experience with data visualization tools (eg. Tableau) or coding (Shiny or D3)
- Machine learning experience and knowledge