14 days ago
Looking for an innovative, creative, passionate, and fun company in OC? Then, let us introduce ourselves.Our juggernaut mobile games like Solitaire, FreeCell and Spider were present on Day 1 of the App Stores and have only continued to grow. We recently topped over 400 million downloads across our portfolio of games and are hungry to continue finding new avenues for growth.
We have been voted 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Best Places to Work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register! Most recently, Built In LA named us 2021's Best Midsize Companies to Work For. Headquartered in Irvine, CA., our flagship game, Solitaire, was released on the day the App Store opened in 2008. Other titles include Blackjack, FreeCell, Jigsaw Puzzle and Spider Solitaire, to name a few. Our mission is to bring JOY to others one game at a time.
As a Data Scientist, you will support the product team with in-depth analyses related to in-game activity, user behaviors, retention, funnel and monetization analysis, and provide insights to enhance the user experience. Your work will directly influence what features are built, prioritization of the roadmap and estimate expected return on these efforts.
You will create, develop, deploy, monitor, present and maintain machine learning models, recommendation system, deep learning models and other models on real business data to support product efforts to drive user retention and in-game monetization. In addition to the product team, you will work closely with the DBAs, Marketing, and Monetization teams to create actionable insights.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform preliminary data analysis using SQL query and python
- Create, develop, deploy, monitor and maintain data science models for various business use cases
- Extract valuable insights from model outputs and present visualization results to the leadership team
- Work with our revenue and product teams to deliver insights into user acquisition, user engagement, user retention, user performance, and more
- Work closely with the monetization team on continuous forecasting of various revenue models
- Work with the data engineering team on data definition, ETL, data ingestion, data merge, data cleaning and troubleshoot issues for very large datasets
Knowledge and Experience:
- Advanced degree (Master or PHD) in a quantitative field with Modeling/Data Science coursework
- Proficiency in Python, SQL (Optional: C++/C#, Java, R/Matlab)
- Experiences in several machine learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, PyTorch and other alternatives
- 1-3 years of Experiences (3+ years for senior DS) in developing machine learning algorithm from scratch
- Able to read and fully understand average academia papers in machine learning research, or other areas such as computer vision, Natural language processing, or other related areas
- SQL and familiarity with relational databases, MS SQL, data transformation, data mining, and ad hoc analysis
- Skilled in analyzing data and drawing appropriate conclusions. Able to effectively translate statistical findings to business strategies that positively impact the business and customer.
- Can work with Database and Statistical applications; can automate routine procedures and create tools that increase productivity and efficiency.
- Ability to work productively with others in a highly collaborative manner
Why you should work for us:
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free soda, free coffee, free trip, free dental, free vision
- Casually awesome workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical, dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), Unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Awesome office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway
- Amazing talent: We've got some heavy hitters from the industry who embody both brilliance AND humility