14 days ago
Kwalee is a leading independent mobile game developer and publisher based in Leamington Spa – the UK’s biggest gaming hub outside Greater London and a great place to live – along with growing teams in Bangalore and Beijing.
Now the largest hypercasual games publisher in the UK, Kwalee is a company known globally thanks to half a billion downloads for hit mobile games including Draw it, Bake it, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky and many more. These successes have driven rapid growth in recent years and with exciting new projects in the works for Nintendo Switch and PC alongside the studio's hypercasual specialism, Kwalee shows no signs of slowing down!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of mobile gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As a Data Scientist you will help utilise masses of data generated by Kwalee players all over the world to solve complex problems using cutting edge techniques.
You'll be part of a team that will be based in the new office that we're going to open in Bangalore.
What you tell your friends you do
" My models optimise the performance of Kwalee games and advertising every day!”
What you will really be doing
- Build data solutions to solve business problems
- Use statistical testing and predictive modelling to recommend and implement changes to marketing strategy along with in game features and design
- Leverage the huge amount of data generated by our players and advertising campaigns everyday to build models and iterate existing services to improve and automate decision making across the company
- Work with the marketing, publishing and development teams to understand the problems they are facing and how to solve them
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
- You’ll think creatively and will be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 100 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.Skills and requirements
- A degree in a numerically focussed degree discipline such as, Maths, Physics, Economics, Chemistry, Engineering, Biological Sciences
- 2+Years experience using Python for data analysis and visualisation and using libraries such as Tensorflow, Keras and Scikit-Learn
- A proven track record of solving problems with data
- Knowledge of NoSQL or SQL databases like Couchbase, Elasticsearch and PostgreSQL
- An avid interest in the development, marketing and monetisation of mobile games
- Experience with AWS - Redshift, EC2, Lambda
- Experience managing data projects from prototype to production tools
We offer a generous benefits package to all our employees that includes a team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment among other perks.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.