Business Intelligence Lead
London, United Kingdom
3 months ago
Improbable believes in a future where new, virtual worlds will augment human experience and become as meaningful, lasting and rich as the physical world. We call this the Multiversal Self.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
As the Business Intelligence Lead, you will be working as part of the Strategy & Operations team as the hands-on technical lead, responsible for bringing data and insights across central business functions and operations globally.
This role is a senior individual contributor and the data and insights scope of this role spans company-wide, covering for business units such as People & Talent, Finance, Marketing and Business Development at Improbable. Your direct ‘customers’ are divisional heads, senior business managers, as well as analysts, and your contribution impacts decision-making at the highest level.
The ultimate goal is to provide employees with access to analytics-ready data and insights for self-service analysis via user friendly dashboards, enabling them to answer key business questions and make more informed decisions.
Areas for Impact
As the Business Intelligence Lead, you will be a new role in a newly formed team, trusted to take responsibility for building out the data and analytics capabilities required to support company growth and continuous improvement. Together with people at all levels of the company, you will influence upstream, by understanding how data is created and consequently building intuitive reporting. You will also be expected to work downstream, to support business managers drive strategy and operations through the insights we create.
Given that you also speak the language of both business and engineering teams, this will enable you to act as a bridge between them, facilitating good communication and high-value collaboration. This will be vital as we look to further invest in data and insights capabilities, so if you are successful, you will bring data and insights into the heart of people, talent acquisition and finance decision making for senior management teams and beyond. You can see a more in-depth briefing pack here.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring data quality and integrity at source
- Maintaining an analytics-ready data ecosystem
- Delivering insights and enabling self-service reporting
- Enabling other analysts and data-savvy business managers
We’d like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- Ability to understand and translate business needs into data and insight specifications.
- Previous experience working with both engineering and corporate functions (i.e. FP&A, People Analytics etc…) and proven verbal and written communication with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Expertise in data visualisation, including dashboard development and design principles using Tableau or other reporting tools.
- Extensive experience developing datasets using SQL and some recent experience writing SQL in Google BigQuery or an equivalent cloud SQL warehouse. An interest in the games industry and our mission to create meaningful virtual worlds.
- Advanced knowledge in building and developing data warehouse solutions and connecting excel workbooks to database to model business information.
- Interests in data modelling and statistical analysis with Python or R.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.