3 days ago
Improbable believes in a future where new, virtual worlds will augment human experience and become as meaningful, lasting and rich as the physical world. We call this the Multiversal Self.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
To bring data and insights to people, talent acquisition and finance operations at Improbable. This is a hands on technical role with business facing responsibilities.
Ideally you’re an experienced full stack data analyst or scientist, comfortable working both upstream -- influencing how data is created and wrangling data into easy to analyse formats for yourself/others -- and downstream -- working with business managers to understand their challenges and providing insights that inform decisions that drive improvements across the entire company. You speak the language of both business and engineering team, which enables you to act as a bridge between them, facilitating good communication and high value collaboration.
As this is a new space, you’ll be the insights lead for this area. You’ll take responsibility for building out the operations science/analytics capabilities needed to support Improbable in its growth and continuous improvement. In doing so, you’ll have the opportunity to work with senior leadership and build the case for further investment data and insights capacity. Additionally you will drive thought leadership within the company and help operations teams understand their data needs and facilitate consensus on a unified operations data strategy.
If you’re successful, you’ll bring data and insights into the heart of people and finance decision making for senior management teams and beyond.
- Ensuring data quality and integrity at source
- Maintaining an analytics ready data ecosystem
- Delivering insights and enabling self service
- Enabling other analysts and data-savvy business managers
- Outstanding communication with non technical people, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and translate business needs into data and insight specifications.
- Expertise in data visualisation, including dashboard design principles.
- Extensive experience developing datasets using SQL (3 years +); Some recent experience writing SQL in Google BigQuery or an equivalent cloud SQL warehouse (at least 6 months).
- Extensive experience building dashboards with Tableau Desktop, for data visualisation (2 years+).
The following would be advantageous, but isn't essential
- An interest in the games industry and our mission to create meaningful virtual worlds.
- Experience in modelling and statistical analysis with Python or R.
- Experience connecting Excel workbooks to databases and business modelling within them (6 months +).
- Previous experience working in FP&A, People Analytics or as an operations analyst (2+years).
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.