This job might no longer be available.
San Diego, CA United States of America
7 months ago
Psyonix, part of the Epic Games family, is a video game developer located in downtown San Diego. Best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive game play, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience and strong workplace culture.
We are looking for a qualified and passionate Data Scientist to join us on the analytics team. You will focus on transforming raw player behavior data into actionable insights. Through in-depth analysis, you will create predictive models and algorithms as well as identifying pain points and improving the player gameplay experience.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilize gameplay data to derive player motivation and behavior to deliver actionable insights
- Perform in-depth analyses across a multitude of data sets, types, and sources
- Create and maintain advanced statistical models and assist in deployment into our infrastructure
- Contribute unique, personal ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
- Liaise with other team members and departments to determine project needs and requirements
Ideal Qualifications & Requirements
- 4+ years of experience with writing and maintaining SQL objects, preferably MySQL
- 2+ years of experience interacting with large and complex data sets
- Advanced understanding and application of various statistical analysis methods
- Demonstrated experience in architecting new data flows along with the reporting, presentation and visualization of resulting data
- Experience with object oriented programming
- A passion for diving into data to extract trends, signals, and insights
- Experience simultaneously addressing multiple project and stakeholder needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Knowledge of the game industry’s inner workings
- Familiarity with C# / R / Python / PHP / Linux
- Working knowledge of Cloud Computing (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) and associated infrastructure