9 days ago
Team Name:Service Technologies
Job Title:Data Scientist
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a diverse community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but creating epic entertainment and the technology that drives our customers’ experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join the Service Technologies team. The Data Scientist champions the data science efforts on the Service Technologies team, concentrating on player behavior and interactions. The team partners closely with game teams, other technical teams, global security, and customer service to help build a safe and welcoming environment for all gamers.
You’ll join the established Player Interactions and Trust team within Service Tech which includes data science, software engineering, research, design, and key partners within our game teams. The ideal candidate is passionate about machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistics, and deep learning and has expertise in designing highly scalable machine learning algorithms.
- Assist with efforts in developing data science capabilities in Service Technologies.
- Work with data science products and work closely with engineers to help improve the engineering platform in relation to data science work.
- Work closely with data and software engineers to deploy, automate, and maintain models seamlessly on production systems.
- Help build platform-level solutions for machine learning systems.
- Communicate machine learning models and products to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be a part of the wider machine learning community within Blizzard to share ideas and learnings.
- Join the data science efforts as it relates to player interactions and research into player behaviors in first- and second party games.
- Masters or Ph.D. with a specialization in deep learning, machine learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision, statistics, applied math, algorithm design, or a related quantitative field.
- Proficiency in statistics, machine learning, and model analytics.
- A minimum of 2 years’ hands-on applied or research experience developing machine learning models on large scale data sets.
- Able to translate academic research into application.
- Intermediate knowledge in computer architecture/compilers/OOP/data structure and algorithms.
- Basic understanding of natural language processing
- Advanced knowledge of SQL analysis.
- Knowledge of GIT/version control, SQL DB architecture, and Hadoop/Map Reduce/Spark
- Proficiency in one or more of the higher-level programming languages like Python, Java, C++, Scala, R, etc.
- Strong problem-solving, written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong understanding of natural language processing.
- Experience with Blizzard Entertainment games.
- A proven track record of original contributions to machine learning or statistics.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau.
- Passion for video games
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!