Data Scientist/Senior Data Scientist
19 days ago
Job Title:Data Scientist/Senior Data Scientist
It takes a Blizzard to make a Blizzard game, and that level of effort doesn’t end once the game is released; we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide. Global Insights works closely with the game development, business and internal service teams at Blizzard to produce insights and models that enable us to make the most epic player experiences. The machine learning & AI (Artificial Intelligence) group within Global Insights focuses on applying the latest in key research areas to build lasting data products and tools for our game and business teams.
We are looking for a Data Scientist/Senior Data Scientist who specializes in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to join our Global Insights team. Blizzard data scientists design and deploy data-powered products and services that scale to the terabytes of data that Blizzard games generate every day. The ideal candidate is passionate about the latest innovations in machine learning, artificial intelligence and statistics; has expertise in designing highly scalable machine learning algorithms; with strong programming skill to help deploy and maintain them.
- Research and develop state-of-the-art machine learning solutions to enhance business and gameplay objectives.
- Work closely with data and software engineers to deploy, automate, and maintain models seamlessly on production systems.
- Effectively translate findings into sustainable live data products or actionable recommendations for game design and business teams.
- Communicate about machine learning models and products to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Master’s or PhD with a specialization in machine learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision/graphics, statistics, applied math, algorithm design, or a related quantitative field.
- Specialization in one of the following areas: predictive modeling, recommendation system, reinforcement learning, computer vision/graphics, procedural content generation, anomaly detection and natural language processing.
- Hands-on applied or research experience developing machine learning models on large scale data sets.
- Proficient in Python and experienced in at least one other higher-level programming languages like Java, C++, C#, Scala, etc.
- A track record of original contributions to research communities of ML/AI, computer vision/graphics, statistics, applied math, etc.
- Experience with cloud computing services like AWS (Amazon Web Service), Azure or Google Cloud.
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau.
- Experience with video games
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard.
- How you think data science can support game development and business
- What games you like to play if any
**Submissions that do not contain Cover Letters will not be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.