This job might no longer be available.
Data Scientist — Product Insights
São Paulo, Brazil
4 months ago
Who we are
Wildlife Studios is the largest mobile game company in Latin America, and one of the largest in the world. In 8 years, we have released over 70 games, including hits such as Sniper 3D, the leading FPS game on App Store and Google Play Store, and Colorfy, the world's most popular coloring app. Our games have been downloaded 1.5 billion times in 125 countries. The team started with two brothers, and now there are around 400 of us – and counting. To build the very best mobile games, we gather exceptional talent in software engineering, art and animation, product design and management, marketing, and data science.
About the Team
The Product Insights team plays a fundamental role in our product development process. Our data scientists use terabytes of data from several sources to provide answers to our most pressing questions: What drives our players' behavior? What features should we implement in our games? How can we estimate the impact of the changes we deploy to our products?
About the Role
Data scientists at TFG are full stack. They understand the business context of their work, conceptualize solutions, extract and prepare data, create visualizations, develop models, write production-ready code, deploy algorithms and track their performance.
More about you
- You've worked as a data scientist or machine learning engineer on technically challenging problems
- You like solving open and difficult problems for which there is no obvious solution
- You are motivated by the value you generate to the business, not just the accuracy of your models
- You communicate in a clear and effective way in different media
- You are an excellent teammate and raise the bar of those around
What you'll do
- Develop analyses and models to help us solve essential challenges in product development
- Build and deploy in-game models to customize user experience
- Build tools that help TFG turn data into actionable insight
- Collaborate with product managers, software engineers, and other data scientists to help TFG make the best and most successful mobile game in the world
- Work in a challenging and fun environment to produce exceptional results
What you'll need
- 3+ years of experience working as a data scientist or machine learning engineer
- Knowledge of statistics and machine learning that is both broad and deep
- Great coding skills, familiarity with scripting languages (Python, R), distributed computing (Spark, Presto or Hive) and version control (Git)
- Plus: time series, hierarchical models, previous experience with product analytics
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.