Data Scientist - People Analytics
8 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
WHY PEOPLE ANALYTICS?
You will blend deep data visualization skills with statistical analysis background to develop reporting solutions to help promote informed decisions for the People Organization. You will get a deep understanding of the People Organization functions, applying data to inform leadership of trends, challenges, and opportunities. You will focus on the analytics reporting framework while making recommendations to improve existing data-collection processes. You will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large datasets and developing tools that promote data-driven decision-making, and will have prior domain experience supporting People Organizations.
You Are :
- Experienced at driving complex, multi-functional projects and forming effective cross-functional partnerships
- Knowledgeable with at least one the following in an applied setting: developing statistical frameworks to understand user behavior, advanced statistical techniques for hypothesis testing, methods for experimental design, causal inference, or quasi-experimental analysis
- Have expertise in SQL, Python, Tableau data structures and data manipulation
- You are a team player, that takes initiative, are proactive and drive toward team goals
You Will :
- Partner with the teams within the People organization to identify key metrics, trends, and analytical needs.
- Automate and streamline data analysis
- Provide guidance and develop data standards for reporting best practices
- Organize, clean, and combine structured and unstructured data from a variety of different sources
- Work with Data Engineering to understand existing People data and identify data quality improvements
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and presentation of data to develop visually compelling and informative reports and dashboards to support metrics, historical data trend analysis, and identification of opportunities to drive continuous improvement
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics (or related field)
- 3+ years of advanced data reporting, visualization, and dashboard creation
- 3+ years of experience in visualization tools like Tableau, Looker or similar. Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and Airflow.
- 3+ years of SQL experience for data extraction, manipulation, and analyses; including stored procedures, complex joins, creation of views, and database scripting
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field and 5+ years of experience (or Bachelors degree with 7+ years of experience)
- Expertise in solving complex and highly impactful quantitative business problems with Python or R
- Industry experience in the HR and People Analytics space supporting initiatives related to HR, Talent Acquisition, Employee Retention, etc.
- Strong writer and verbal communicator, with proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar