Data Scientist, Game Analytics
4 days ago
Do you want to help connect people all over the world, and work on a team building the next generation of planet scale AR games? We’re looking for hardworking people to help our company become more data focused; folks with the ability to be dedicated, thorough, and independent while working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Translate quantitative findings in concise and clear messages to leadership and external partners.
- Embedded within a product - you are the data guru responsible for setting and monitoring targets, diagnosing problems, quantifying impact, and coming up with solutions.
- Have a “product first” mindset that aligns with our mission, values and strategy.
- Drive consensus; independently deliver data insights that drive cross-functional decisions across multiple teams.
- Be a hands-on self-starter and stay on top of data science methodologies.
- Extensive experience with SQL and data ETL systems; deep knowledge using Python or R.
- Deep understanding of statistics, live product analytics, and modeling techniques.
- Knowledge and experience with A/B testing or randomized control trials.
- BA/BS in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, machine learning, economics or a related field.
- Graduate degree in relevant fields preferred but not required.
- 2+ years work experience in data science or analytics role.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.