Data Scientist - Creator Analytics
1 day ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role:
Data scientists play a central role in Twitch's data-driven decision-making process. As a data scientist at Twitch, you will shape the way product performance is measured, identify questions that guide our business and product strategy, apply machine learning methods to uncover new insights, and scale our analytic methods and tools to support our growing business.
The Creator Analytics team is looking for a data scientist to support the Content, Business Development, and Partnerships team. For this role, we're looking for an experienced data scientist to help develop new opportunities for our creators. Reporting to the Sr Director of Creator Analytics, you will be responsible to define and track KPIs, support strategic initiatives, implement data instrumentation, perform data analysis and machine learning methodologies. In this role, you'll partner with finance, revenue, product, and creator stakeholders, in bringing business opportunities from idea to launch. Our ideal candidate is a "full-stack" data powerhouse who uses data to drive decision making to ensure the best experiences for our creators and their communities.
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Irvine, CA, or Seattle, WA.
- Inform strategies and prioritization through insights derived from in-depth data analysis
- Identify opportunities to use machine learning techniques to enhance and personalize our offerings to creators
- Leverage statistical and analytic models to uncover insights, segmentations, and predictions that drive the business forward and help us uncover new product opportunities
- Define and implement core metrics for Content teams
- Develop automated dashboards and other self-service reporting tools to surface important data to stakeholders
- Develop scalable data pipelines to support analytics needs
- Evaluate and forecast impact of product features on creators, viewers, and the entire Twitch ecosystem
- 4+ years of experience as a data scientist or data analyst in a high-velocity environment
- Expert fluency in SQL-based data manipulation
- In-depth experience using scripting languages such as R or Python for data analysis and machine learning techniques
- High level of comfort creating dashboards in Tableau or comparable software
- Impact-oriented, customer-centric approach to data analysis
- Experience with churn prediction, LTV models, and health score models
- Experience building data products
- Passion about online communities, games, and Twitch
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.