Data Scientist - Battlefield
2 days ago
Our Battlefield Data and Analytics team is looking for a passionate and inquisitive Data Scientist to enhance our understanding of player behavior that helps optimize the gaming experience for our players. You will be embedded within the Ripple Effect Studio also working closely with DICE and Ridgeline Studios, and will have the opportunity to significantly impact the future of both the current and upcoming Battlefield games.
As a Data Scientist, your primary responsibility will be to utilize data, experimentation, and automation to improve the Battlefield player experience.
- Design ethically sound and mathematically robust experiments to address business and product challenges.
- Apply machine learning principles to enhance in-game experiences while being mindful of their potential implications to the user experience.
- Develop models, analyses, and reports that deepen our understanding of gameplay, product in collaboration with producers, designers, and fellow data scientists.
- Present and document analysis, methodologies, and findings to both peers and partners.
- Uphold quality coding practices, assist with technical reviews of peer work.
- A Master's or higher degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, or a related field.
- A minimum of two years of experience in data science, analytics, or a similar field, preferably within a video game or entertainment setting.
- Proficient SQL skills with experience in querying complex datasets. Familiarity with Snowflake or Apache Hive is a bonus.
- Experience with statistical and machine learning models using languages such as Python or R.
- Demonstrated expertise in experimental design and determining the statistical significance of findings.
- Knowledge of programming best practices, version control, and automation.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $114,200 - $166,200
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $99,900 - $166,200
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $131,600 - $168,400
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $99,900 - $141,800
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $99,900 - $168,400
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.