Data Scientist (AI)
Montreal QC ca
6 days ago
Our applied research team Deepsense collaborates with its multiple internal partners (knowledge management, asset management, marketing, game production etc.) to improve their varied service, product and process. Through our various projects, we have acquired over the years a solid expertise in computer vision, natural language understanding, and predictive analysis.
You will work hand in hand with data engineers and other data scientists to deliver solutions to make processes and systems smarter through the building of predictive model that meet business requirements. You will develop and execute statistical and mathematical solutions to projects’ problems.
You will deliver solutions through the design of predictive models and will also be accountable for creating relevant testing methods to evaluate results in a scientific manner. As a senior member, you will need to be self-managed and manage her/his own priorities as well as lead projects to term. This include influencing stakeholders and communicating research and project results.
- Frame problems then determine intended approaches and quantitative methods to develop solutions;
- Research new ways for modeling and predicting behavior or phenomenon and design experiments to answer targeted questions;
- Research and develop tools to solve complex business problems;
- Use analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, developing actionable insights using advanced statistical techniques such as predictive statistical models, profiling and segmentation analysis, and data mining;
- Oversee and design various proofs of concept for predictive/prescriptive or AI projects;
- Document and define projects including data gathering and processing, leading approaches, final algorithm, detailed set of results and analytical metrics;
- Develop materials to explain project findings and solve complex problems in resourceful and effective ways;
- Interact with internal and external peers and managers to share complex information related to area of expertise;
- Receive work in the form of short- and mid-term assignments that often require the use of independent judgment outside of established procedures;
- Participate in determining approaches and in developing new or enhanced technical tools;
- Mentor less experienced members of the team;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Master's degree and/or Ph.D. preferred in applied math, statistics, machine learning or equivalent experience.
- 8 to 10 years of industry experience and job related in-depth expertise.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in predictive modeling and/or predictive analysis
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to research, develop and use machine learning algorithms and related proven methods;
- Ability to use advanced data science techniques;
- Ability to use statistics to understand behavior of systems and/or people;
- Ability to configure, use and develop systems that manage data;
- Being Familiar with Big Data Technology (Hadoop, Casandra, MongoDB, ElasticSearch);
- Basic software engineering skills;
- Being familiar with distributed computing to train models;
- Passion for using data science to solve problems;
- Ability to quickly assess a problem both qualitatively and quantitatively;
- Team player with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Business value oriented;
- Bilingualism (French-English).
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and diversity is important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or health status. The masculine form is used to make the text lighter.
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.