Data Science Team Lead
10 days ago
Job Posting TitleData Science Team Lead
SummaryLife at Big Fish Games
Big Fish Games is a player-centric game publisher that has been influential to the game development world over the last 20 years. Distinguished by its value-driven, collaborative, and inclusive culture, Big Fish continues to innovate the game experience, build community and connections through games, and craft meaningful games played by millions.
Big Fish has an extensive portfolio of popular casual games across genres including EverMerge, Big Fish Casino, JMS, Gummy Drop, Cooking Craze, Fairway Solitaire. Big Fish is dedicated to delivering amazing experiences for players to connect, compete and discover play, anywhere and on any device.
Big Fish is part of Aristocrat Leisure Limited.
Our four core beliefs are what makes working at Big Fish Games unique. We believe in a work environment that:
• Creates opportunities for impact
• Shares a passion for challenge
• Cultivates a spirit of creativity
• Thrives through collaboration
We are looking for an amazing Senior/Lead Data Scientist to support the different games at BFG. You’ll have a proven ability to mentor a team and apply your skills, be it technical, behavioral or economic, in order to generate value. You will work closely with business stakeholders including Product Directors, Product Managers, CRM Managers, and Game Developers to understand analytical requirements and communicate results. Reporting to the Director of Data Science
- Lead and mentor a team of 2-3 Data Scientists
- Engage with PMs, designers, CRM managers to identify analysis requirements
- Provide an analytics perspective to discussions and prioritization within your team, so that the overall team selects the right ideas to work on.
- Develop a deep understanding of available data to drive ad-hoc analysis and answer questions
- Establish a technical vision within the data science team and work to turn it into reality. You will remain hands-on with day to day work.
- Proactively develop new analyses, experiments and data-driven tools to better understand our players’ behavior and the performance of our games.
- Be self-motivated to learn and drive your teams’ development while improving methodology and working practices across the company.
- Be the pro-active owner of the entire data chain for your apps.
- Effectively write, present, and communicate research results with recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or related discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, etc.
- Experience with SQL, R, Python
- Experience with manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources including collecting, assembling data, cleansing, formatting, and validation of results
- Experience with data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms
- 8-12 years of related experience
- Data visualization and dash-boarding building experience with Tableau, Looker, or similar tool
- Experience in the gaming space
- Advanced degree in Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, etc.
- Familiarity with GCP, MySQL, Snowflake, etc.
Big Fish Games is an equal-opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
LocationAustin, Texas, BFG
Job familyBig Fish Games
Time TypeFull time
CompanyBig Fish Games
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.