Data Science Manager
19 days ago
Team Name:Global Insights
Job Title:Data Science Manager
It takes a Blizzard to make a Blizzard game, and that level of effort doesn’t end once the game is released; we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide. Global Insights works closely with the game development, business and internal service teams at Blizzard to produce insights and models that enable us to make the most epic player experiences. The machine learning & AI (Artificial Intelligence) group within Global Insights is focused on building live products that apply the latest in key research areas to build lasting data products and tools for our game and business teams.
We are looking for a Data Science Manager to lead the central ML/AI team of around 10 data scientists. Blizzard data science team develops machine learning data products to enrich player experience, drive business initiatives and support game development. The ideal candidate is passionate about applying the latest innovations in machine learning, artificial intelligence and statistics to the gaming industry; manages a portfolio of both short-term and long-term data science projects with a variety of stakeholders in the company; coordinates with the Global Insights engineering and analytics team to deliver data science in live data products.
- Manage and advocate for a team of highly motivated data scientists and help both team and individual growth.
- Communicate with a variety of stakeholders in the company on the inception, progress updates and final products of the data science projects.
- Prioritize short-term projects to meet the deadlines and deliver immediate values.
- Manage the risk and expectation of long-term research projects with potential future values.
- Work closely with Global Insights engineering and analytics team on live data products.
- Grow the machine learning community at Blizzard.
- Experience as a hands-on data science individual contributor.
- Experience managing a team of data scientists or data science projects.
- Familiarity with some of the following areas: predictive modeling, recommendation system, reinforcement learning, computer vision/graphics, procedural content generation, anomaly detection, natural language processing.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity with cloud computing services like AWS (Amazon Web Service), Azure or Google Cloud.
- Familiarity with SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Experience mentoring data scientists.
- Experience of working in a gaming company and familiarity with the process of game development.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard.
- How you think data science can support game development and business
- What games you like to play if any
**Submissions that do not contain Cover Letters will not be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.