Senior Data Science Manager, Game Insights
1 month ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar London is on the lookout for a talented Data Science Manager, Game Analytics who possess a passion for data and games. This person loves a variety of data, contexts, business problems, and methodologies; they also want to pick the best solution for the situation. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique studio in the heart of London.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Analytics team provide insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We partner with multiple departments across the company to design and implement data and pipelines.
- We collaborate as a global team to develop cutting-edge data pipelines, data products, data models, reports, analyses, and machine learning applications.
- Lead and inspire a team of world class data scientists and analysts, providing leadership through coaching and mentorship on a regular basis.
- Act as an SME for all data availability, quality, and analysis possibilities on all our games.
- Influence and contribute to the growth of the wider analytics roadmap.
- Participates in the recruitment of the best-in-class data scientists.
- Assure Rockstar’s ongoing competitive advantage through best-in-class data science initiatives that have a high potential of applicability in industry.
- Lead the development of consumer-ready analysis to analytics team leadership, live producers, product managers, and partner groups.
- Lead the design, development, and delivery of insights, leveraging machine learning as appropriate, to address critical business or game questions.
- Lead the design and development of validation tests to assess the efficiency of the model in place and provide strategic insights to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the analytics tech leads to establish best practices for repeated application.
- 2+ years of experience managing/supervising a team.
- 6+ years of experience in data science or similar role in the video game, marketing, finance, forensics, or technology fields required.
- 6+ years of experience in machine learning, statistical languages, and systems such as Python and R.
- Extensive knowledge of machine learning techniques such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, Data Mining, Clustering, and Classification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, with a strong quantitative background.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relations and communicate with people at all hierarchical levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to reconcile technical and business perspectives.
- Autonomy and entrepreneurship.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Strong team spirit.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Passion for Rockstar Games and our titles.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with Hadoop, Snowflake and Azure ML.
- Graduate degree (MBA, MSc or Master’s, PHD).
- Game industry experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.