Data Science Lead
13 days ago
Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play.
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, humble, and passionate professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are inspired by makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
About this Role
We are looking for a passionate certified Data Analyst. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. Data analyst responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. Data analysts will develop analysis and reporting capabilities. They will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
- Work with management to address critical requests, data/trends and analysis using statistical techniques that provide actionable insights and reporting.
- Build & maintain dashboards on Amplitude as they pertain to User Acquisition and Marketing.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Partner with relevant teams to determine marketing effectiveness using campaign performance data that is measurable against business KPIs.
- Assist the marketing team to determine ROI and monetary impact of acquisition efforts.
- Conduct User Acquisition (UA) analysis and LTV models.
- Improve reporting flow, explanations and rationale of performance to relevant stakeholders.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Build reports, models and proof of concepts into scalable data solutions.
- Innovate how data science and analytics help the team solve many critical business problems by advanced techniques such as machine learning, statistical modeling, player analysis, anomaly detection etc.
- Qualified degree (preferably BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics) or equivalent experience.
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc).
- Deep understanding of Amplitude is a huge plus.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- We are a growing distributed team that embraces remote work. You must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment and multiple time zones.
- Passion for mobile games.