Data Quality Engineer
8 days ago
Job Posting TitleData Quality Engineer
Why Big Fish Games?
Big Fish Games is the home of some of the biggest hit mobile casual games including EverMerge, Gummy Drop!, Cooking Craze, Fairway Solitaire, and many more.
- We are curious and constantly seek improvement in all we do because that’s what our business demands
- We operate with good intentions, confidence, and humility
- We welcome diversity of background, thought, and experience
- We listen actively and value each other
- We foster a fun environment that inspires creativity
OverviewJob Description Summary
Big Fish is looking for a Data QA Engineer to validate, debug, and automate our best-in-class data pipeline and analytics solutions. This role requires you to apply a breadth of technical knowledge and strategic thinking to operate across our fully-featured data stack, as well as regularly interfacing with both internal engineering team members and business stakeholders across the organization. Within the Business Operations organization you’ll work closely with Data Science, Business Performance, and Live Ops teams to improve our analytics framework that powers top mobile games with millions of users per day. We are excited to be using the latest cloud native technologies, and are looking for someone who wants to push the envelope of the observability, automation, resiliency, and accuracy of our data systems.
What You'll Do
- Work across our data ecosystem to ensure a high level of consistency and data quality
- Identify opportunities for automation, propose process improvements, and implement solutions agreed upon with the team
- Collaborate with other data engineers to mutually grow skills across the team
- Work closely with other technology teams and business partners across Big Fish to ensure our internal data customers are well supported
- Own data quality and discrepancy investigation in production systems operating at Petabyte scale
- Partner with Technical Project Managers and Engineering Managers to build and deliver against team roadmaps.
What We're Looking For
- Advanced knowledge of cloud-based data pipelines. We run a Pub/Sub, Dataflow, Snowflake, Looker data pipeline so preference given to those technologies.
- Ability to handle high levels of ambiguity and transform business needs into software solutions
- Highly effective communicator across in person and digital mediums with technical and non-technical audiences
- Independent operator who can work with minimal supervision while collaborating with and assisting other team members
- Experience working with multi-terabyte data sets
- Familiarity with with other Big Data tech (e.g. BigQuery, Fivetran, DBT)
- Advanced SQL, and intermediate Python programming skills with ETLs and Data Warehousing
- Experience with GitHub or other source control
- 2+ years working in Data Engineering or related fields
- Experience with statistics or data analysis
- Worked with streaming analytics engines (e.g. Google’s Dataflow)
- Experience working with nearshore/offshore contractors
Benefits And Beyond
Employees constantly rate Big Fish Games highly for its leadership, flexibility, well-being, diversity and inclusion through quarterly surveys.
FLEX-Forward work environment: Customize the when, where, and how you work while delivering goals
Health & More: Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, Teladoc services, employee assistance program (EAP)
Work-Life: Wellness Friday (half-days), paid time off, parental leave, flexible work policy, studio holiday closure (Enjoy the week between Christmas and New Year!)
Wellbeing: Wellness fairs, weekly virtual workout classes, 24/7 access to mental health and wellbeing support, free therapy and counseling sessions for you and your family
Wealth Care: 401k matching, flexible spending account (FSA), employee discounts, employee stock purchase program
Learn & Grow: LinkedIn Learning subscription, mentorship program, career development, individual development plans, educational assistance on job-related professional development
Community & Fun: Company social events, employee impact groups, company swag, volunteer opportunities
About Big Fish
Building upon our 20-year legacy as a leader in the biggest gaming categories in the world, we are innovating and developing new products within the casual space to add to our extensive portfolio. Big Fish is dedicated to delivering amazing experiences for players to connect, compete and discover play, anywhere and on any device. This means games for broad global audiences in genres that are easy to learn, and difficult to master. Be a part of the team from the start.
Big Fish is part of Pixel United, the free-to-play, mobile-first video games business of Aristocrat Leisure Ltd (ASX: ALL)!
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
LocationMontreal (Job Posting)
Job familyQuality Engineering
Time TypeFull time
CompanyBig Fish Games
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.