This job might no longer be available.
Data Manager (487)
9 days ago
As a Data Manager you will provide critical support to all game projects within the studio, ensure the smooth operation of vital software services, perform key data operations and provide help-desk troubleshooting for our project development environment.
What will you do?
- Source control management with tools such as Perforce and Git administering several instances over multiple projects
- Provide a support role for production tools to users within the studio and its projects
- Provide project pipeline support including workstation configuration and tool configuration
- Maintain a good general knowledge of the production pipelines and tools
- Provide up-to-date documentation on workflow methods and pipeline systems
- Collaborate with partner studios to share technology and best practices
- Deliver game builds to Quality Control teams (internal and external)
- Support production in preparation of additional supplementary materials related to game title submissions
- Monitor build system for failures and errors and flag these to build engineers, development team and QC as appropriate
- Proactively develop an understanding of multiple build system technologies used within the group (e.g. Jenkins and TeamCity)
- Proactively propose, develop and deploy improvements to our production processes and look for opportunities to optimise developer workflow
- Alongside IT, monitor and manage NAS storage used by all studio projects.
What will you bring?
- Knowledge of a source control system (Perforce and Git is especially beneficial)
- Game engine experience preferred (Unity and Unreal knowledge would be advantageous)
- A rigorous and structured approach with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills
- A proactive attitude, resourceful nature and someone who thrives on autonomy
- Ability to work calmly, considered and with purpose under pressure
- Technical competency to understand the intricacies of pipelines and production tools and the ability to identify bottlenecks or other avenues for improvement
- An interest in safekeeping and organizing data with strong work ethics around this
- Scripting experience, preferably Python, C#, Batch or Shell would be beneficial.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Code of Conduct
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.