18 days ago
Maximum Games and Modus are part of the Maximum Entertainment Group- a multinational development and publishing group dedicated to bringing the highest level of innovation, technology, and creative ambition to the global games market through its growing family of brands. The group currently consists of five studios and four publishers and leverages each entity’s unique capabilities and brand identity to deliver influential and entertaining content to gamers worldwide.
As an innovative video game publisher, we encourage employees to set aside corporate attire and mindset in favor of entrepreneurism, strategic thinking and just enough process-orientation to be effective in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. The company values productive fun and invites team members to leverage their skills and abilities for company and personal success .
The ideal Data Intern candidate will be an ambitious self-starter currently pursuing a degree in a technical field with a deep passion for the video game industry. You’ll assist in reviewing ETL pipelines for any data quality issues, as well as creating reports and visualizations to communicate insights to stakeholders. You will work closely with other members of our team to design and implement data-driven solutions that support various business objectives. As an intern at Maximum Games, you’ll be integrated into a team where you’ll contribute to challenging projects. Your manager and team will provide the support, mentorship, fun, and real-world experience needed to accelerate your learning.
If this is the right environment for you, we are currently searching for a Data Intern.
This position is full time, hybrid (3 days a week in office/2 days from home) for a period of 3 months (with potential to extend employment) and will be based out of Maximum Games Headquarters in Walnut Creek, California.
In this position, you will:
- Help oversee daily variations in data and signal out abnormalities.
- Assist in the creation of dashboards and reports to visualize sales insights and trends.
- Investigate and resolve data quality issues by navigating interconnected data sources.
- Support launching and managing new internal tools.
- Apply statistical methods to reveal trends in video game sale data.
Ideally, these apply to you:
- Student pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., statistics, computer science, engineering, mathematics) or equivalent.
- You love working with data and are able to solve complex data problems.
- You are fluent in writing SQL queries.
- You are a critical thinker: you make sense of the data and validate it based on existing external reference points.
- You are proactive and love to dive deep to answer your curiosities.
- You are incredibly organized, both in your approach to problem solving and in your communication.
- Proficient with Mac OS and Microsoft Office.
- Align with Maximum Games’ Core Values: Scrappy, Creative Problem Solver, Avid Learner, Cares, Seeks Context, Adaptable.
- Passion for the video game industry
- Experience in Python (or similar scripting languages)
- Prior experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI)
This role is compensated at $16/hour.
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds, because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of gamers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a gamer at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic bringing the gamer out in everyone, we want to hear from you.
Additional Information: All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.