Data Infrastructure Senior Engineer
10 days ago
Job Posting TitleData Infrastructure Senior Engineer
SummaryAre you a creative technical leader who takes pride in facilitating best practices at the highest level in an organization? Are you passionate about innovating, designing, and delivering scalable production data infrastructure that enables development teams, and runs games that provide joy to players worldwide? Would you like to experience the power or your Talent Unleashed in a company that values you, is invested in every employee, and exists to bring joy to life through the Power of Play?
What You'll Do
We are seeking an innovative Data Infrastructure Senior Engineer to partner with technical and product teams across business units, understand the unique and common aspects of each, and design, facilitate, and build tooling to accelerate organizational velocity. The successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating with tech teams, stakeholders throughout Aristocrat in defining, championing, and aligning the businesses’ needs with a compelling enterprise vision for Data Infrastructure practices as we transform and advance the design, development, and build some of your very favorite social and casino games.
What We're Looking For
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the building of a Data Infrastructure practice with a high-performance, responsive team of Data Engineers.
- Collaborate with development and product teams across business units to elevate existent best practices and collaborate to build robust, fault tolerant and scalable solutions that address identified opportunities.
- Play a key role in building best practices-based DevOps culture at Aristocrat.
- Be a mentor and evangelist to drive adoption and knowledge at all levels of the organization.
- Design, build, advocate, and operate scalable Data Infrastructure solutions and tooling accelerating Aristocrat’s goals for hybrid on-premises and Public Cloud deployments.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience delivering robust, performant, and scalable Data Infrastructure functionality both on-premises and in Public Cloud.
- 5+ years data engineering experience
- Demonstrated technical leadership, communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with languages such as SQL, Python, Java, and Go.
- Proven knowledge and experience with technologies, tools, and practices such as:
- On-premises and managed SQL relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, MariaDB, Google Cloud SQL)
- On-premises and managed NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis, Google Cloud Datastore)
- Stream processing technologies (Spark, Kafka, Google Cloud Pub/Sub, Dataflow)
- On-premises and Public Cloud-based architectures (GCP, AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- SOA, security by design, and data architecture practices
- Proficiency with Source Code Management and build systems (GitHub/git, SVN, Jenkins).
- Strong understanding of database performance optimization, data replication, and high-availability designs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Aristocrat is a world leader in gaming content and technology, and a top-tier publisher of free-to-play mobile games. We deliver great performance for our B2B customers and bring joy to the lives of the millions of people who love to play our casino and mobile games. And while we focus on fun, we never forget our responsibilities. We strive to lead the way in responsible gameplay, and to lift the bar in company governance, employee wellbeing and sustainability. We’re a diverse business united by shared values and an inspiring mission to bring joy to life through the power of play.
We aim to create an environment where individual differences are valued, and all employees have the opportunity to realize their potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, cultural background, disability status or LGBTQ+ identity. We offer a range of flexible working options through all.flex, our flexible hybrid work model and invite you to have a conversation with us about flexible working. EEO M/F/D/V
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.