Data Governance Analyst
15 days ago
We are looking for a talented and passionate Data Governance Analyst to come and work within the CRC Analytics team. The suitable candidate will be a driven self-starter, looking to build on their career, with one of the biggest gaming companies in the world.
As a Data Governance Analyst, you will be assisting the CRC Analytics team in forming and delivering a Data Governance framework, policy, and standards. You will play a central role in helping the Analytics team become more structured and organised around its data assets and dashboards. You will work closely with our analysts in helping them to structure their documentation and help them work through data quality issues. You’ll also work with our Enterprise Data teams to document our data assets in Ubisoft’s data catalogue, and work with operational teams to ensure that their processes are trackable and fit for purpose, from a data & analytics perspective.
- Take the lead on the design and implementation of a data governance framework
- Ensure that all data assets and dashboards are documented
- Attend meetings and be the first point of contact for all matters related to data governance
- Work with other members of the team to help develop methods of identifying data accuracy or quality issues, and then take responsibility to get those issues resolved
- Create and maintain a Data Dictionary
- Work with central data teams within Ubisoft to make sure our data tables are documented, catalogued and understandable
- Assist the business in understanding data, its purpose and how it might be enhanced over time to drive better strategy and decision making
- Answer data requests from stakeholders, and get involved in process design to make sure that the data teams needs are visible
- Highly organised & methodical, with excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working with stakeholders at various levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and excellent written communication
- Understanding of the functions of a data dictionary, business glossary and/or data catalogue
- Knowledge/experience of analytics processes and data infrastructure models would be beneficial, but not essential
- Interest in video games/entertainment industry a huge plus
With Ubisoft CRC, you will receive a competitive salary along with:
- Personal performance bonus
- Private Health Insurance (including eye care and dental)
- Life Assurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Significant discount on the world’s best video games
- Access to Ubisofts back catalogue on PC
- 22 days of holiday
- We work in the heart of Newcastle city centre, right on top of Haymarket metro station in a lively, international and creative space.
- A kitchen stocked with cereals, fruits, unlimited filtered water, teas, coffee and even organic milk products
- Regular professional and social events
- Monthly Ubidrinks
- Flexible working hours
- A casual dress code
- Fun, we like to work hard but have a laugh too!
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new adventures.
Are you looking to work with passionate and enthusiastic experts who are tackling game changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? Are you a driving force of innovation and improvement where you want to help build the best support in the industry? Do you inspire others to go above and beyond, to provide memorable and positive experiences that exceed players expectations?
Challenge accepted? Bring your leadership expertise and join our team!
At Ubisoft we offer a warm and welcome culture where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
The EMEA Consumer Relationship Centre is at the heart of our strategy to engage with our players. The CRC provides our players with an awesome experience with each individual
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.