Data Engineering Intern
7 days ago
leading marketing software provides mobile app developers a powerful set of solutions to grow their mobile apps. AppLovin’s technology platform enables developers to market, monetize, analyze and publish their apps. The company’s first-party content includes over 200+ popular, engaging apps and its technology brings that content to millions of users around the world. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with several offices globally.
AppLovin is a Certified Great Place to Work, one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2020 and 2021, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
As a member of the Platform team, you'll create scalable solutions for technical challenges in our cloud-based platform. It produces hundreds of billions of unique events consumed trillions of times throughout our geographically distributed datacenters every day. This will be a 2-3 month long internship and start in Summer 2022.
- Implement a framework based on Spark that will automatically pre-aggregate data to improve performance of historical spark queries
- Implement a service that will extract, aggregate, transform and store Vertica usage metrics
- Design an API to view and analyze metrics from Vertica database. Those metrics should provide information about usage of every vertica table. These stats will be used in the future to determine load for different vertica tables, to determine changes in table's load and to determine anomalies or unexpected usage pattern changes.
- Understanding the main principles of distributed calculation frameworks like Spark
- Understanding how Spark performs operations like aggregations, transformations and group by
- Strong knowledge of algorithms
- Solid knowledge in Java/Scala
- Solid understanding of data formats like parquet, hdfs sequence files format and serialization libraries like thrift
AppLovin is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.