4 days ago
Global video game publisher/developer headquartered in Rockville, MD, seeks a Data Engineer. This position works within the Enterprise BI Team and is responsible for the development of the Data Platform for Enterprise wide reporting. The Data Engineer will be supporting a broad range of data pipelining needs from all facets of the business, including e-commerce, financial, and game event data.
The incumbent will have at least 2+ years of previous experience partnering with both technical and business teams to facilitate implementation across the enterprise. The Data Engineer will facilitate the creation of data pipeline processes to move data from enterprise data sources such as relational databases and log files.
- Work within the Enterprise BI team, supporting the creation of data pipeline processes for ingesting data at large scales
- Work directly with Data Modelers, Enterprise Architect, and Analysts, ensuring that business requirements are being met
- Directly work with the Data Engineers and Data Modelers to understand the source and target structures
- Coordinate with the analysts and report developers to ensure data can be easily digested by Business Intelligence tools
- Be able to straddle differing subject areas such as in game vs business data source
- 2+ Years of Experience with a major programming language (C/C++, Java, Python, etc.)
- Comfortable working with structured, semi-structured, and unstructured source data
- A strong communicator, is comfortable interfacing directly with differing customers across the organization in addition to the BI team
- Working experience with the SCRUM development framework
- Apache Spark experience a major plus (Spark RDDs, Spark DataFrames, Spark SQL)
- Databricks experience
- Scala, Python, or Java Experience
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure Services, especially data related components
- SQL skills – able to query data sources and generate results from complex structures
- A clear understanding of both row and columnar storage databases
- Experience working within the Video Games industry is desired, though candidates from outside of the industry are also welcomed
- Understanding of Free to Play/Micro transaction Business Model is a plus
- A personal interest in video gaming is a plus
Applicant Privacy Notice
CCPA Applicant Privacy Notice
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.