11 days ago
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data Science team in the Create organization at Unity. The team's main focus is on building and serving data products, which empower many teams across the company to deliver the best experience for all our users who aspire to create in real-time 3D, from games to movies, architecture, and beyond.
We are extremely motivated in building great data products and capabilities with modern cloud and open-source technologies. We push the boundaries of how much value we can deliver through data, and we strive to continuously improve the way we work and collaborate within and across teams. We are strong believers in building a solid data foundation that empowers everything we do.
You will join a team of passionate and dedicated data professionals and will work with various colleagues from different crafts across the company who are in it together to empower all creative journeys into the world of real-time 3D.
What you’ll be doing
- Build and maintain robust and scalable data pipelines and cloud-based data products with a high impact on how we deliver value through data to Unity and our users
- Help build out internal tooling and frameworks for continuously improving how we work with data at scale and collaborate across teams
- Drive data instrumentation, data modeling and data integration initiatives
- Work with data scientists to turn POCs into stable and scalable data products
- Help instill engineering methodologies and best practices
What we’re looking for
- Experience in working with Google Cloud Platform or other cloud providers as well as tooling for ingestion, transformation, quality, workflow orchestration and cloud data warehouses such as BigQuery or Snowflake
- Solid programming experience in Python and SQL
- Experience in building scalable and robust data pipelines
- Good understanding of database design and data modeling
- Curious and open mind, with a willingness to learn and develop, who are comfortable operating at a high level of autonomy
You might also have
- Experience in working with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, CI/CD processes
- Experience working with Machine Learning and a general interest in the field is a plus
- Exposure to front-end development
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.