9 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Location: San Mateo, CA
With over 120 Million customers in 109 countries, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is committed to using data to understand The Players: our customers, better than anyone else. Using the amazing networked power of PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4 and our other PlayStation systems we learn how they use them for gaming, and also how they use the networked services like streamed games, music, video, and how they pay, and how we can improve their customer experience. We work with games developers, marketing, R&D, PlayStation®Store, and many other parts of Sony to constantly improve our customer experience and maximize our business potential!
The Data Strategy & Operations (DSO) team has grown rapidly over recent years in response to a growing need for the business to leverage data to advise and shape key decisions, and to identify new opportunities. Currently there are approximately 120 staff within the DSO team, split between London and California, made up of high quality BI and data professionals covering BI architecture and platform support, data processing, insight reporting, predictive analytics, scrum masters and product management!
We are looking for a Data engineer to join the Data strategy & Operations team within the Sony PlayStation environment.
A Data engineer is required to work within the Data Management team with the successful applicant responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the data processing platform. They will be required to fit into a highly skilled team and work with limited supervision, under their own initiative.
Based in our San Mateo offices, the team provides business intelligence services for various global business units associated with Sony PlayStation.
- Engineer data pipelines and provide automated solutions for DSO teams
- Work proactively to address project requirements, and articulate issues challenges with enough lead time to address project delivery risk
- System monitoring and alerting, dashboards, charts/reports and alerts delivery
- Ensure code is fully scalable, maintainable, and performant
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs
- Work with Project Managers and Business Analysts to ensure the timely delivery of project deliverables that meet requirements
- Requires ability to work in a global and multi-cultural environment. Team members are in multiple geographies, resulting in time constraints due to time zones differences and a requirement for occasional travel
- Participate in the agile development process
- Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Skilled in SQL and a variety of database technologies – Snowflake and Oracle, Athena
- Experience with big data technologies and AWS services
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Jenkins etc.
- Knowledgeable of ETL programming
- Experience in designing and architecting medium to complex systems, proficient with design standards & framework
- General knowledge in Linux, Unix Administration and Windows Administration
- Knowledge of Dimensional Modeling
- Good technical analysis & troubleshooting skills
- Experience in developing large-scale data processing platforms
- Extensive experience throughout the software development lifecycle
- Well verse in explaining complex technical issues in non-technical terms to business stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize within parallel development cycles and aggressive timelines
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.