18 days ago
PeopleFun is a rapidly growing studio where development teams thrive on collaboration, creativity, teamwork and fun. Our mission is to create the best family-friendly casual games in mobile and have a great time doing it! Our current games are played by over 25 million players each month and include Wordscapes, the #1 word game.
PeopleFun is seeking a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Important: To be considered, please provide a cover letter to explain, in your own words, your interest in this position and why you feel you'd be a great fit.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and GCP ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Comfortable working within Bash terminal environment.
- Applied experience with Python using libraries such as pandas, requests, various SQL connection stacks. Object oriented programming experience is a bonus.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Competitive compensation package
- Performance bonuses
- 401K with 3% employer matching
- Family friendly culture
- Flex PTO policy
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- On-Site Gym and free Yoga classes
- $1,000 annual game device and IAP budget
- Free drinks & snacks, catered lunch on Fridays
- Happy hours, social events and more
PeopleFun is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.