Aliso Viejo, CA, United States
4 days ago
WHO WE ARE
NCSOFT® established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, is one of the leading gaming publishers in the world. At NCSOFT West, we develop new games, manage our existing game portfolio, initiatives and game services across the Americas, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Together we operate many of the most successful and influential massively multiplayer online games in the industry, welcoming hundreds of millions of players daily into exciting living worlds for extraordinary adventures.
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer who is eager to continually improve their skills, learn new technologies and is willing to take initiative beyond basic responsibilities
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Data Engineer, you’ll be responsible for gathering and collecting data, storing it, doing batch processing or real-time processing on it, and serving it to data scientists and data analysts to easily query.
- Understanding data source (10%)
- Develop data processes for construction, mining, and modeling that are delivered to the data analyst/science team (30%)
- Create large data warehouses by running some ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) that is used for analysis by the analyst/scientists (30%)
- Install continuous pipelines of huge pools of filtered information so that data analyst/scientists can pull relevant data sets for their analyses (20%)
- Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures such as databases and large-scale data processing systems (10%)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of day-to-day working experience as data engineer
- Experience with object-oriented and functional programming languages: Python, Scala etc.
- Experience with RDBMS (MS-SQL, MYSQL etc.) and NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB etc.)
- Experience with Big Data query and application knowledge: Hive, Impala, Fluentd, Spark, Sqoop, Pig etc.
- Experience with ETL and data integration tool : Airflow, Informatica PowerCenter
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, S3, EMR, Glue, RedShift, Athena etc.
- Proficiency in general database administration concepts and efficient query writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is a full time, on-site position at our office in Aliso Viejo, CA. A casual, friendly work environment, a comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes NCSOFT West a great place to work.