13 days ago
Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, fintech, and web3, we scale awesome content in underserved frontier markets. Carry1st has a proprietary payments and ecommerce platform which allows players to acquire global content using locally-accessible payment methods. We are backed by awesome investors like: Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Riot Games, Avenir, Konvoy Ventures, and Nas.
As a Data Engineer you will be responsible for the development of data pipelines and infrastructure in AWS. It is important that you have the skills to understand and implement against documented architecture maintained by the team of Data Engineers which you will be working with. You will also need to be able to follow the flow of data from a variety of source systems into the Carry1st Data Platform to ensure that the data is accurate and usable by our team of Data Analysts.
- Create new data pipelines, making sure that the architecture will support business requirements
- Develop new ways to acquire data, build processes to create data sets, set up machine learning, etc.
- Work within a team of Data Engineers on projects from initial discussions to release, including feature estimation and scoping, architecture design, benchmark of new technologies, product feedback, etc.
- Work in an agile environment with fast decision-making process, collaborating with people on mobile and back-end development, data analytics, product, and marketing
What makes you a great candidate?
- At least 4 years’ experience as a Data Engineer or similar role
- Record of building / optimizing data pipelines for massive amounts of data in AWS environment and provisioning of infrastructure through Terraform
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with unstructured datasets
- Experience building automated workflows using (Python, Spark, Redshift SQL) and the orchestration of these workflows using AWS Step Functions.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex insights and hypotheses to business stakeholders
- Experience working in a Gaming company (nice-to-have)
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global - with people in 20+ countries! At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company - enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Andreessen Horowitz shared why they invested in Carry1st
- VentureBeat announced that Carry1st has raised $27 million to develop and publish mobile games in Africa
- Remerge hosted Cordel on a podcast to discuss Carry1st and the African gaming market