Data Engineer - PeopleFun
14 days ago
AppLovin’s leading marketing software provides mobile app developers a powerful set of solutions to grow their mobile apps. AppLovin’s technology platform enables developers to market, monetize, analyze and publish their apps. The company’s first-party content includes over 200+ popular, engaging apps and its technology brings that content to millions of users around the world. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with several offices globally.
AppLovin was named one of the Hottest Adtech Companies of 2021 by Business Insider, as well as a Certified Great Place to Work in 2021 and 2022. The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2020, and 2021. Our team members are regularly recognized for their work and leadership, including recent award wins in Business Insider’s Rising Stars of Adtech 2022, Glassdoor’s Top CEOs 2019, and the 2021 Women in Content Marketing Awards.
PeopleFun is a rapidly growing studio where development teams thrive on collaboration, creativity, teamwork and fun. Our mission is to have as much fun creating the best casual games in mobile as our customers have playing them. Our current portfolio of games are played by over 25 million players each month and include Wordscapes, the #1 word game.
We are seeking a Data Engineer who will work closely with Data Analysts to build a robust multi-sourced data pipeline into a central warehouse that supports scalability for multiple live games with continuously evolving data requirements over the life cycle of each game.
This person will be responsible for developing data frameworks, models, tools, and processes that are reliable and easily modified to support new data sources and changes to existing data pipelines. This person will also be responsible for developing ETL routines that provide data validation and maintain aggregated tables.
Important: To be considered, please provide a cover letter to explain, in your own words, your interest in this position and why you feel you'd be a great fit.
- Work closely with product and game teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools. Design, build and launch efficient and reliable data pipelines to move data across many platforms.
- Take ownership and have a high sense of urgency to deliver projects and troubleshoot data issues
- Collaborate with product, engineering (web, client, backend), and analysis teams across the organization to help develop, maintain, and operate our BI systems
- Use your data and analytics experience to ‘see what’s missing,’ identifying and addressing gaps and issues in the existing data pipelines
- Implement new requests from Data Scientists, Game Analysts and Product Managers to fulfill their data needs
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a quantitative role.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science, or equivalent.
- Experience with data warehouse systems such as Snowflake, BigQuery, Vertica, or Redshift.
- BigQuery experience is strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL, JSON, Python, and other scripting languages
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining server-to-server data pipelines
- Experience developing and maintaining ETL processes that optimize the data warehouse including data validation, automated aggregations, and managing large datasets
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and coding
- Experience with social games or mobile apps
- Experience with data analysis and validation logic
- Experience with Tableau Online and maintaining published data sources
- Passion for playing games
- Competitive compensation package
- Performance bonuses401K with 3% employer matching
- Family friendly culture
- Flex PTO policy
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- On-Site Gym and free Yoga classes
- $1,000 annual game device and IAP budget
- Free drinks & snacks, catered lunch on Fridays
- Happy hours, social events and more
AppLovin is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.