Data Engineer [Uplay]
Malmö Skåne County se
20 days ago
The Uplay team at Massive is working towards making Uplay the natural first pick as a gaming platform. At Uplay, you'll play a significant role in developing and enhancing the PC gaming experience for millions of players, together with a team that's dedicated to delivering the best service for both gamers, and game development teams across the globe.
As a Data Engineer at Massive Entertainment you'll leverage software tools to transform our large and ambiguous data sets into useful insights that help us make better business decisions for the Uplay platform. You'll help to maximize the analytics’ teams efficiency and the tech environment by improving data reliability, efficiency and quality through database architecture, design and automation. In addition, you'll act as a resourceful partner who ensures the liaison between data providers and analytics experts.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Be our in-house Data Engineering subject matter expert, defining, initiating and driving long-term solutions.
- Building and maintaining both batch and streaming data pipelines.
- Managing our Data Warehouse.
- Proactively collaborating with Data Analysts to automate reporting and data sharing.
- Monitoring, adjusting and improving data quality indicators.
- Actively participating in platform evolution to ensure the pipeline accommodates changes in source systems and new business user requirements.
- Providing technical assistance for support requests.
- Managing stakeholder requirements and functional specifications.
- Creating and updating tech-documentation.
You as a person
You've a solid understanding of the gaming industry, the ability to understand complex data, think conceptually, and convert that data into useful insights. You've a high tolerance for ambiguity and have the ability to create structure where there appears none within large data sets. You're a passionate problem solver with an eye on the big picture. Additionally, you're a fluent English speaker (our company language). Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following experience and hard skills:
- More than 3 years’ experience with Data Engineering and working with Data Warehouse solutions. Ideally from online services working with large data sets .
- Degree in data engineering/science, a similar field, or equivalent work experience.
- Modern pipeline technologies such as Spark, StreamSets or Kafka.
- Both Big Data platforms and traditional database technologies.
- Data quality process implementation.
- Reporting and analytic presentation tools and technologies such as Tableau, Power BI, Kibana and metric APIs.
- Hadoop and related technologies such as HDFS and HIVE.
- Shell Scripting or Python.
- Relational and multi-dimensional data design and development techniques.
Good to know
We aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.Meanwhile, please check-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive, promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.