Senior Data Engineer (M/F/X)
9 months ago
Who are we?
Popcore creates beautiful, oddly satisfying long life hyper-casual games, like our number 1 game Parking Jam! We have been listed in the Top 10 hottest Berlin startups & Top 100 European startups by wired.com
. Based from our Berlin HQ, our teams have developed and released chart-topping games that have been downloaded more than 400 million times across iOS and Android, including 5+ Top 10 hit games.
Proudly backed by EQT Ventures, Makers Fund and David Helgason, we are going through an exciting time of expansion. Now is the right time for you to be involved in our exciting future! We are currently looking for a Data Engineer to join our team.
What you will do:
- Write clean, maintainable, readable, modular and testable programming code in python
- Work with distributed processing systems, frameworks, resource managers and schedulers
- Implement new data structures
- Ensure vital data is available at all times
- Create new data pipelines
- Develop existing data pipelines
- Work with stakeholders to create clear data distribution platforms
- Ensure data is GDPR compliant
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Our current tech stack: MS Azure and AKS [Cloud services], MS Data Factory and Prefect [Scheduling], Snowflake and Google BigQuery [DWH], Spark on Databricks [Data processing], Python and Scala [Programming languages], DBT and SQL [Data manipulation], Git and Jenkins [Source control and CI/CD]
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 2 year’s previous experience as a Data Engineer, within a gaming environment would be a bonus
- Previous experience working with databases, data warehouses, cold storage and other data storage technologies
- Proficiency in reading, writing and optimizing SQL scripts
- Basic knowledge about containerization
- Strong communication skills in English, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be proactive and able to give and receive feedback
- Experience with any of the following would be desirable: Apache Spark, Databricks, Snowflake, BigQuery, Prefect, Airflow (or any similar systems), real-time data processing
Why you will love Popcore:
- A spirited, inspiring, international and enthusiastic team
- Complete ownership of tasks and freedom in choosing the path to reach your goals
- Competitive salary and flexible working hours
- We have a work culture where employees are actively encouraged to give feedback to each other on a regular basis
- A team that is entrepreneurial in spirit, knowledgeable, and fun
- An opportunity to be a part of a company that’s renouncing traditional ideas and taking a new approach that’s shattering pay walls
- Perks: 27 days annual leave, gym membership scheme, comprehensive bonus scheme, stock options, company pension and health insurance, full visa support, relocation support, reimbursement of your BVG ticket (reimbursement of an e-scooter or bike rental in the times of COVID), free daily lunch including onsite snacks
If this sounds like it ticks all your boxes, stop reading and apply now!
Please don't worry if you don't have an up to date resume just send it along and one of our talent team will be in touch.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.