Data Engineer II
8 days ago
Job Posting TitleData Engineer II
SummaryAristocrat is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, and well-organized individual who would like to work in a multi-disciplinary environment as a Data Engineer. The Data Engineer plays a lead technical role in Analytics, Data Mining, Data Architecture and Data Science in general. The Data Engineer has a high-level of proficiency in analytic, and BI design producing high quality, robust, and maintainable products. This engineer has strong SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) experience and is expected to work with little or no supervision. In this role, you will be an integral part of the team that creates and implements a vision for the data applications that support critical revenue generation for the company. If you are an exceptionally motivated, smart, and driven individual who wants to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment, this position is for you.
What you'll do
- Build and support data solutions that deliver strategic business value.
- Drive world-class design and development of end-to-end analytics solutions for products that support high volumes and enable advanced analytical modeling.
- Lead the technical evaluation and recommendations for platforms/tools that enable data mining, advanced analytics, data visualization, statistical analysis, and reporting.
- Identify and propose software development process improvement initiatives for improving execution speed and quality.
- Extract data from disparate sources and transform into data platforms.
- Partner with stakeholders and data team members to improve data availability, automation, and quality.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for
- At least 3 years of software or database development
- At least 1 years of experience in Data Mining, Data Science, Business Intelligence or Analytics.
- Solid hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, data modeling, and data integration.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programming languages PHP, Python and Java. Python is a plus.
- Proven analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience implementing, deploying, and operating big-data platform with an enterprise environment.
- Drive operational efficiency by maintaining data ecosystems, sourcing analytics, and fulfilling ad-hoc requests to promote continuous insights and improvements.
- Proficient in authoring, editing, and presenting technical documents.
- Ability to elicit requirements and communicate clearly with non-technical individuals, development teams and other team members.
- Recommend and advise on all data components, roadmap, and emerging technologies.
- SDLC discipline that promotes data quality, consistency, and availability.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft BI Stack or Tableau is a plus.
- Must have expertise in SQL.
- Some experience or familiarity in cloud technologies AWS, Azure or GCP is a plus.
- Experience with NoSQL, Hadoop or other Big Data technologies is a plus.
- Experience in Agile SDLC development methodologies are a plus.
- Possesses high integrity and exceptional work ethic. Fosters mutual trust and respect and is an excellent team player.
- Possess the ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems logically and systematically.
- Meets challenges consistently and confidently with energy and drive. Motivated by results, urgency, and personal commitment.
- Understands the link between excellence in data acquisition/warehousing/insights, and how to leverage this as a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Applies effective communication techniques, engages in focused dialogue, and demonstrates good listening skills.
- Excellent and proven project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and data quality.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.